Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright truck is a 2000 140k this is twice in two days truck will act like running out of fuel untill warm or shut off and restart or crack the water drain.. once warm starts and runs fine oil is changed every 3k with motorcraft 15/40 just changed fuel filter about 600 miles ago runs down the road fine as i drove to where i am 500 miles I don't have acces to ids or ae where I am at beings how i am 500 miles from home working my other job in alabama i'm a bit lost and startin to get peeved.... temps have not been below say 60 degrees ish any help would be awesome

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's only been 12hrs but just givin a bump

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Did it work fine before the fuel filter change? If so, bite the bullet and change it again. Also, while you are in there. Remove the stand pipe. Gut it out (after removing, stick a screwdriver in the top of it, everything will fall out the bottom). Replace the standpipe. Replace the filter. replace the cap. Start truck. Hopefully everything is good to go.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why gut the standpipe just out of curiosity? will try and make it into town today or tomorrow and get another one because it did start after the ff change but was a day or two after..

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
There is a one way valve in there. It keeps fuel from pumping into it with the cap off. Just don't forget to put the cap on. It is a source of aeration also.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice to know.... i'll try it and report back

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got problem figured out the srnfing unit is sucking air at half and below so i ordered a airdog and a pickup tube enough of the problems this makes 2 sending units in less then a year

1 - 7 of 7 Posts