Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an odd issue with my truck and it seems to be brought on by colder weather. It seems when cruising down the road, I can feel what appears to be the timing increase and a slight rise in acceleration and engine speed. Almost feels like a "power surge" or pulse. Then it will stop and go back to normal, but almost feels like a power loss in a way. Pedal response is still good and if I put the go pedal down, it still responds well and has plenty of power. My thoughts initially were a bad throttle sensor, and it very well could be. But it only seems to do it when the temperature outside is cold. The colder it is, the worse it gets. I do have a chip in it and I have not tried to remove it yet. Also it is a 97 Cali truck with split shots. I just noticed a slight fuel leak in the valley, not sure if it is a bad pump or what. If the Fuel dampener or fuel pump is bad could that be causing these problems? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Mine had same issues but no fuel leak. A few months later it was getting worse. Turned out to be the stock fuel pump. Twin pump e-fuel fixed it right up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input, guess I'll fix what's broke first and go from there. just not looking forward to doing the fuel pump on cali truck, I heard its a bear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts