Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its right behind the glove compartment, cant really localize it.
Its not the AC, its comes and goes with or without the AC. I believe its vibration, something is loose. Sounds like Styrofoam rubbing, or like the sound of a underwater camera housing....

Its just so annoying

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's driving me mad, Its gotten louder....

I have recorded it, can anyone tell me how to post an audio file ?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Mine ended up being my passenger side wood grain part by the door handle. The part that surrounds the window control

·
Registered
683 Posts
Have u checked where the air filter? Around that area, mayb something is loose.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am guessing the air filter is behind the glove box ?

Ill try to go check now, get back to you guys in a few hours.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say that you are talking about the heater door switch that Ford has a problem with. It is down by the floor right under the heater controls and sterio. If you turn your truck on and turn the temp to 70 or so and it makes the noise, you can go down by the floor and locate the noise. You will also notice that if you turn the temp up all the way the noise goes away. I know a lot of people were bringing their trucks back into Ford and having them replace this door controler for the heating system.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the dealer this morning,

They checked the truck, and they were all puzzled because the noise sounded like a busted ac actuator, but it was there with or without the AC running.....

anyways they asked me to keep the truck for a couple of hours, I received a call later to come by to pick up the truck, it turns out that the noise was due to a loose exhaust, they just tightened it up and problem was solved.........

·
Registered
518 Posts
well that is good news for you I would think. lol No broken parts or problems that are major.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well that is good news for you I would think. lol No broken parts or problems that are major.
Yeah,

worked out, the noise was so annoying especially that it was a brand new truck......

It worked out great...btw I recorded the noise before the repair so if anyone wants to hear it msg me

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went offroad today, nd the noise is back....

I must of rattled the exhaust till got loose, anyways any recommendation of an aftermarket exhaust ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts