Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 250. When applying the brakes it sometimes pulls. It’s random which way it pulls. When driving and not pressing brakes I can hear a groaning noise sounds like it’s coming from the booster area. Sometimes the brakes are stiff and sometimes normal. Also about 90% of the time when I turn right (about 3/4 of a turn) it makes the same groaning noise. Most of the time if I brake and turning right it will pull right. Has new calipers. Haven’t changed the brake lines, booster, master, or power steerjng pump. It also has a new vacuum pump. Any help is appreciated, I’m stumped.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'm thinking wheel hub bearings. You need to jack up the front end so there isn't any weight on the tires and grab that tire and try to move it up/down/left/right etc. I'd bet you have movement on one or both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should’ve mentioned the groaning noise isn’t all the time. It’s random and will happen for 1-3 seconds and stop

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the booster and master cylinder today. It eliminated 99% of the pull. However the brake pedal will sometimes be hard than normal. It’s mostly when I’m turning right. I’m lost at this point. The steering isn’t stiff so I don’t think it’s the pump. If someone has a suggestion let me know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts