Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 psd 5 speed with a ts 6 position chip with s&b intake. Well the truck its self idles fine and runs great but say I'm driving in third and about 1400rpm and get on it the truck just shutters like a miss and like 5psi of boost and I let off some and get back on it builds boost and takes off it will do this too if I'm driving and do about 75% throttle but worse when I floor it of course but I just can't figure out what it is I got good fuel pressure oil pressure everything checks out some school me lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
ive got a similar problem with my truck also, but i have an auto and my truck shutters a bit whenever you lay into the pedal real hard......hopefully someone chimes in

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Any codes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope no codes at all I have a snap on scanner I even drove with it on my truck and everything perfect

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Nope no codes at all I have a snap on scanner I even drove with it on my truck and everything perfect
Have you done a cylinder contribution test?

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
No, I don't see how the EBPV could to that. Look at all the connections at the valve covers. How does it start and run cold? how many miles on the injectors?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have been battling this same problem for months. put a new IDM in today and can't get it to stumble...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The truck starts and idles like a bran new truck but we have owned it since 2000 and it has 360k and only two injectors have been replaced

·
Registered
349 Posts
mine would not do it 100% of the time, but most of the time it did. If you tried to get on it, it would stutter and stumble from about 1500-2000, than it would come on like a race horse. Its a 5 minute job to hook up a different IDM and test it if you can find someone with a good IDM that you can borrow..

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Had a similar problem, I'd get up to about 1500 rpm and it would fall on it's face and sometimes even stall. Turned out to be the CPS, replaced that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts