Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there have any ideas on getting residue off the matte black pieces of my truck???? most of the ones are really old as i bought the truck in APR. and who waxed it was very sloppy....I've used a toothbrush but some of it is really there...any help is appreciated. thanks:confused:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey guys started searching around and saw some people are using peanut butter .... has anyone done this and how does it work? how long does it last? any downfalls???

also has anyone used meguire's exterior trim cleaner???

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
Try Turtle Wax Ice Liquid. I use it on my truck, and it makes the black plastic and rubber pieces look great! Maybe it will take off your residue and also make your trim look good too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Do not use the back to black or any of the maskers, cuz all they do is temp cover up and add to the build up. A good dish soap and a tooth brush works good I prefer Dawn do not dilute small circular motions.
I have also head the peanut butter works realy well.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Do not use the back to black or any of the maskers, cuz all they do is temp cover up and add to the build up. A good dish soap and a tooth brush works good I prefer Dawn do not dilute small circular motions.
i used to be a big believer in "back to black" untill the last time i used it.. it really didnt do that good of a job.. i wasnt trying to remove wax just get some color back in my door handles,wiper cowl, and mirror frames.. really didnt do that good of a job and it rained a little later that night and the chit "ran" everywhere:doh::doh:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great ideas guys thanks...
i have used a black polish before and man that stuff is messy once it rains,
it looked like i took oil and dripped it down the paint of the jeep i had....messy stuff!!!
but i will be trying the ice and maybe the peanut butter.....

thanks again

phil

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

never thought about dish soap will it remove the wax from the paint??....(as i will not be scrubbing the paint but it will wash down it while rinsing)

thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, most dish soaps have harsh detergents in them that will remove wax.

thanks for the info i don't think i will try the dish soap as there are other cleaners out there i don't wish to strip the paint just clean the plastic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts