Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was clay buff and waxing my truck today. And when it came to do the waxing I got ta thinkin. Hmm I wonder how long I should leave the wax on for. Because I generally just put the wax on in this order: LF fender, hood, RF fender. Then wipe it off. Etc etc for the rest of the truck. So I don't leave it on for very long. So today I actually used a buffer to apply the wax. And actually let the wax sit for 20-30 minutes before I wiped it off and I think it came out a lot nicer. So I was wanting to know. How does everyone else wax their truck?

·
Registered
998 Posts
So I was clay buff and waxing my truck today. And when it came to do the waxing I got ta thinkin. Hmm I wonder how long I should leave the wax on for. Because I generally just put the wax on in this order: LF fender, hood, RF fender. Then wipe it off. Etc etc for the rest of the truck. So I don't leave it on for very long. So today I actually used a buffer to apply the wax. And actually let the wax sit for 20-30 minutes before I wiped it off and I think it came out a lot nicer. So I was wanting to know. How does everyone else wax their truck?
I think it was the buffer, not the amount of time it was left on. The friction from the buffer works the wax in better, my theory anyway.

Rusty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking but I did two coats with the buffer and the first time I wiped it off right away. But the second time I left it on for 20-30 minutes. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've always waxed the whole truck then go back to take it off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I wax my whole truck then go back 2the beginning an take it of long as it aint in direct sun it aint bad 2get off-

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just clayed and waxed my truck today, and I used Adam's products. The buttery wax says to wax the whole vehicle, then go back and wipe off the haze. That is what I do, and have had good results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Waxes are not all the same. Read the directions on the bottle. The company that makes the stuff might know how to use it properly.

·
diesel fiend
338 Posts
Most say 1-2 sqft area at a time, I do a panel at a time and never have any problems .

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
wax, beer, wax, beer.....you get the picture, LOL

Let it dry completely and it gets easier to wipe off as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I always do one panel at a time. All the wax I've used says not to let it dry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts