Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 PSD and the water temperature gauge doesn't work. I tested the gauge by grounding the sending wire and the gauge shot up to hot. the gauge does work. I am on my third temperature sensor and not A single one has worked when in the water pump. the last one I put in I tested first by grounding it and connecting the wire to it then taking a lighter to the end. the gauge shot up. then I put the sensor in the pump and the gauge doesn't move a hair. any advice?:(

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
How cold is it where you are? It may take a LONG time to get up to temp if in Cold climate. How long have you had Powerstokes? This is a Common thing

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
agree with Brad that the gauge takes a long time to move. is the stat stuck open perhaps? the heater work?

Given your test, the gauge works but it could still be acting up--I had an oil pressure gauge sender act the same way. Sender worked fine but the gauge needle didnt move much (I had an early 302 sender and the gauge moved with pressure change). You can test the sender with a multimeter.. its resistance will lower as it heats. Maybe you have too much teflon paste or tape on the sender threads and its not grounding?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts