Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted their water tank on the frame rail? If so please post up some pics.

thanks,
Andrew

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
what kind of tank? how big? is it for taking showers? cant wait to read about this install!!!

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
andrew
mount it where it is gonna be easy to refill

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
in a tool box works best since it keeps it out of the weather

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to mount it in the tool box but i need the space for my tools. If I bought one of those cargo racks and moved the spare tire of the tool box I would have plenty of room to put it there

but if its possible to mount it on the frame and stay safe then that would be easier for me

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
i dont see it being a prob execpt for filling
how would you fill the tank being mounted on the fram the fill necks gonna be a pita to get to

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about that. maybe I could put together something like a little bit of piping coming out to top and then going to side with a check valve that would connect to the hose

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
There should be enough room behind the fuel fill door for a garden hose style attachment to fill you frame mounted tank. You could make a tank out of some bigger diameter PVC pipe with caps on each end. Just some thoughts, IDK if any of it would work.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Problem is filling the tank... it has a twist on cap just like a gas tank. Mine is going in the tool box.

One thing to remember is the pump should be installed below the tank...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem is filling the tank... it has a twist on cap just like a gas tank. Mine is going in the tool box.

One thing to remember is the pump should be installed below the tank...
I guess that rules out the frame rail idea then.. the pump would get destroyed in no time being exposed to road grime/ the elements

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
:hehe::hehe::hehe:ROFLMFAO

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Andrew, how much empty space do you have underneath your toolbox, ya know, between the bottom of the toolbox and the bed floor? I bet you could put a 20 gallon or so tank in there, I know I could under my toolbox.

And if you have to mount the pump underneath the truck, you could mount it in a van battery box on the frame rail. ;)

Dave

P.S.- Good luck with the install, I bet you're gonna need it! :D :poke:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Dave

Their is no space between my tool box and the bed of the truck. This toolbox is different then normal ones as it mounts to the floor of the bed and not on the bed rails.

My tool box is pretty shallow I need to measure it but the 6 gal tank just might fit.

Thanks for the tip for mounting the pump it looks straight forward from the instructions I read awhile back :lookaround:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I guess that rules out the frame rail idea then.. the pump would get destroyed in no time being exposed to road grime/ the elements

I would think the pump would be fine under the bed next to the frame rail.

I just stuck the 6 gallon tank in my tool box and it doesn't take up too much room. It should be real easy to take out if you needed the space for something...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
where did you mount your pump?
I have not done it yet... i am still thinking about it. But I am pretty sure it will end up somewher on the frame rail under the cab... just make sure where you mount it enables the correct flow into the pump... just follow the arrows...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts