Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some hard water spots on my excursions paint and windows. What type of products can I use to remove the waterspots? Thanks for your time.

·
Sabol
82 Posts
I hooked up a home sediment filter in my garage last year. We have well water. This year I also ran a bypass, or force pass, whichever way you look at it, so now I can open a valve and close another then I get softened, filtered water out my spiggot in the garage. This way I can wash my cars, camper and truck at home. I guess once you get them cleared then this may help in the future. The filter is only 30-40 bucks at Lowes, refill filter cartridge is only $10 for two.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Adam's polishes, their detail spray will even remove leftover wax on plastics

·
Registered
12 Posts
Best option is to completely and thoroughly clean windshield with 50/50 mixture of pure water and vinegar, dry completely, clay bar with the right aggressiveness bar, clean again and dry, polish with D/A buffer with medium cut polish, orange pad, then seal with rain x or favorite paint sealant. You will have crystal clear glass that is protected.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've had great luck with rainx ^^^ makes cleaning much easier!
Agreed^^^ Sealant for paint works but doesnt bond to the glass like it does on paint, so it doesnt last as long and less bead action. Better to use job specific products

1 - 9 of 9 Posts