Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was going to drain my water seperator like i usually do and the plastic handle broke off. my truck is tuned so i don't really want to go to the dealer. anyone know how hard it is to replace it?? thanks in advance Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have not put mine on yet, but the parts consist of a aluminium piece , 1 bolt, 1 valve, and 2 rubber gaskets. i guess from looking at the parts, it should not be that hard to put on. except the diesel bath.

·
110Dave
11 Posts
I just broke mine the other day also. Same deal with me, tuned and no DPF or cat, so I'm gonna do the repair myself. Haven't got a price though on parts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. if the fuel lines are not involved then it should be easy. but if they are i have no idea how to disconnect them so then it will go to the dealer. damn plastic part!!

·
PSN Veteran
759 Posts
It will take you no longer than 30mins to get old parts off and new parts installed and your fuel system primed and ready to go

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did mine, it was simple. Had the fuel tank near empty, did not raise truck. Crawled under and took the old mount off--screws are somewhat awkward to get to if is 4x4. Very little fuel lost. Took me about 30 minutes. Parts cost me $52--looks like it should have cost $12. 07nightrain has correct part #.
Only problem I see coming, was one of the gaskets (o-ring?) was chewed up (lower one) and seat was corroded--may be leaking again before long.
Joe

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
same problem..Apparently I dont get along with plastic either

·
The new dude
195 Posts
Why don't you guys replace the whole side cover so you can change the gasket on that and also clean out the separator? I don't think that part is much more that what you guys are buying to just replace the handle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts