Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still get a small amount of fluid out of the degas at cap. Replaed the cap numerous times with a Motorcraft part and pressure tsted cap before install. I am at about one inch filled in the degas but have had it empty. I never overheat. Full bulletproof with studs clamping at 235 if memory serves me right. No other symptoms. CTS shows 187-198 at 90 mph. BPD oil cooler so my deltas dont play into it. I do run extreme street tune from Innovative. I have 33k on the clock. `03 truck. Yes, actual mileage. Full bullet proof at 9k. My question is I never chaged the water pump and could this be causing pressure in the system to exceed 16 psi at highway speeds without actually rasing the temps too high? I oly see the white stuff on the degas. Never any signs of liquid.

Thanks

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
Do you have a pressure gauge that confirms you hit 16 psig?

Still have the EGR system?

·
PSN intsigator
6,608 Posts
More than likely a cracked degas bottle, seen it a few times. Pressure test it that is how I found these

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Drive it with a pressure gauge on it. If it’s climbs past 16 or you see large spikes under acceleration you have a head sealing issue.

FWIW clamping force means nothing if the surfaces weren’t properly prepped.

·
Kenner, LA
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I`m worried about head gasket. The cap I test to 16 whenever I get a new one. Tried even aftermarkets. I dont drive it that much and have noticed this about a year. Now anytime I drive it I smell coolant. And EGR is deleted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts