Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the water pump decided to start leaking like niagra falls today.

gonna change it out...so i need to buy a pump, coolant...and?

just making sure i buy it all.

btw new belt and pulleys put on 1k miles ago

·
Registered
817 Posts
You will need SCA (supplemental coolant additive), as well as test strips to verify the level (although it should be correct if you start with the right mixture).

You will need the special fan clutch wrenches. I know Auto-Zone stores will "loan" you a set with deposit. The fan, clutch and shroud are removed at the same time. When re-installing, I usually put the belt on to hold the pulley for tightening the pulley bolts, then pull the belt back off so I can rotate the water pump pulley to make it easier to start the threads back into the fan clutch. Much easier to hold the fan steady and rotate the water pump.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rented the tools, they are junk.

going for an airhammer

·
Registered
817 Posts
I bought my SCA at NAPA.

Did you use a penetrating oil like PB Blaster before trying to remove? What failed with the rental tools?

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
the rental tools are too thin and a POS.i fabricated my own tool about 4 times thicker than the tool they loan you after we kinda bent theres up

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I finally got it air hammered off. Sort of screwed the nut up a little but it'll be just fine (I hope) but the guy at the parts store gave me the wrong temp sensor. It's the only thing holding me up. Got everything button'd up and ready to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts