Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that just became a Dr Performance dealer, so he can get me a really good deal on a water/meth kit. What are your guys experience with it?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
from what i've been told if ur guna run it on a 6leaker you need to pretty much leave the meth out of the equation, use the water for cooling egt's while towing, or use 70-30 water/meth for mileage, but don't go for a performance gain with it, to much of a gamble

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I love my water. Cools EGT's like nobody's business. Very easy to install. Im running 2 nozzles into my intercooler tube and have been very happy with the outcome.

·
Big Red
6 Posts
I have water meth on my truck, i am running the 51% methane 49% water with dual nozzles, you can def tell when its hittin and i got stock studs and gaskets no problems yet, been runnin it for a year

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i've been debating this but the kits are a lil on the pricey side

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
i've been debating this but the kits are a lil on the pricey side
There not too bad. KT Performance
KT Performance

Kenny has some of the best prices out there. I purchased the simplest kit and a 7 gallon tank. Was just under $400. Alot of money, but water is free.... So it wont cost me anymore money no matter how much I use it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is it bad for? If it's bad for the gaskets I already have studs in the truck

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
There not too bad. KT Performance
KT Performance

Kenny has some of the best prices out there. I purchased the simplest kit and a 7 gallon tank. Was just under $400. Alot of money, but water is free.... So it wont cost me anymore money no matter how much I use it.
can you feel a power difference? or were you just looking to cool off the egt's? i could def use it too cool egt's while towing but if im guna spend 400$ i want somthin that will aid in mpg's, power, cooling

i sure do ask for alot outa one product LOL

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
can you feel a power difference? or were you just looking to cool off the egt's? i could def use it too cool egt's while towing but if im guna spend 400$ i want somthin that will aid in mpg's, power, cooling

i sure do ask for alot outa one product LOL
Power difference... No. Doesn't really register on my SOTP meter. LOL

I wanted it for cooling EGT's so I could use my power longer if that makes any sense. I was having to lift off the pedal when the pyro hit 1400. Now, no lifting. I stay in it as long as I want.

I haven't towed really heavy with it yet, but im sure it will do what I expect it to while pulling a heavy trailer.

It wont help out my MPG's cause I dont make enough boost at cruising speeds to turn it on, nor do I need it on while cruising.

Both Nozzles come on @ 12 psi and dont go off till the boost gets back under 12.

Kinda weird to watch the pyro go backwards sometimes when Im still on the throttle....

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Power difference... No. Doesn't really register on my SOTP meter. LOL

I wanted it for cooling EGT's so I could use my power longer if that makes any sense. I was having to lift off the pedal when the pyro hit 1400. Now, no lifting. I stay in it as long as I want.

I haven't towed really heavy with it yet, but im sure it will do what I expect it to while pulling a heavy trailer.

It wont help out my MPG's cause I dont make enough boost at cruising speeds to turn it on, nor do I need it on while cruising.

Both Nozzles come on @ 12 psi and dont go off till the boost gets back under 12.

Kinda weird to watch the pyro go backwards sometimes when Im still on the throttle....
ive never pushed my egt's much past 1250* i like to keep her kool, i may go ahead n go thru with it and order one, thinkin ill probly run 70% water 30% meth, see how that treats it, how hard is the install and setup?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
ive never pushed my egt's much past 1250* i like to keep her kool, i may go ahead n go thru with it and order one, thinkin ill probly run 70% water 30% meth, see how that treats it, how hard is the install and setup?
Sooo easy to install. And I fit the pump and tank in one end of my tool box. Ill take some pics next time I think about it.

Remember, Meth is timing that cant be controlled.

Tim (dalpilot) runs 155cc's (IIRC) on his 6oh with a stock turbo and water and still tows with it. He was having a hard time controlling EGT's while towing an empty trailer without water. Installed the water, now he swears he would never tow without it again.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Sooo easy to install. And I fit the pump and tank in one end of my tool box. Ill take some pics next time I think about it.

Remember, Meth is timing that cant be controlled.

Tim (dalpilot) runs 155cc's (IIRC) on his 6oh with a stock turbo and water and still tows with it. He was having a hard time controlling EGT's while towing an empty trailer without water. Installed the water, now he swears he would never tow without it again.
ya that's why was running a pretty skinny mix, theres a guy here in town that runs the 50/50 boost juice or w.e it is they call it, and he swears by the stuff, but i know better

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
So whats the difference between all the kits out there and which kit would you guys recommend getting

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
and why cooling mist and why not snow performance or AEM or some others that i have seen out there

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Its what everyone recommended to me. I purchased a kit, like it, so now im recommending it to others. Simple installation, works great.

·
Big Red
6 Posts
what mixture is everyone using all water or 70 30, the things i have heard that is bad about water meth is they say the water cracks the heads but that may be just hear say

·
Registered
8 Posts
CoolingMist system (CMGS) is also setup to be controlled not only by Boost, but also by EGTs, and can be configured to only come on when the parameters you set are reached for both.:bowfast:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts