·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
your egt's a little warm chase?

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no Im just wondering If it will give me a little more power. highest I ever hit was 1230

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
it will for sure depending on which stage you get. you will get anywhere from 25 hp to 75 hp thats what i have gathered from reading what some guys have wrote.

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just gonna do a stage 1. so I can cool my boost more and get a little power

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
yeah that would be a good idea for sure i may get one in the future haha

·
6. NO LEAKER
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Ill get one next payday haha or my SCT livewire

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
i would get the sct first haha

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Do you have stock head bolts? ive always heard that water/meth can cause you to lose head gaskets if you dont have head studs, but like i said, i just heard.

·
Village Idiot
1,054 Posts
Water injection to control EGTs isn't a bad thing at all, but adding meth to the mix for added power almost always ends one way.....BOOM! Probably 9 out of every 10 people that have purchased a water injection system looking for power gains have blown a head gasket (or worse) and eventually sold the system and went with nitrous.

The risk vs reward in power gains is not worth it. Methanol is too unpredictable and most people just keep stretching the mix ratio to gain more. If you are looking for EGT control, thumbs up to the water injection. If you are looking for power gains, don't waste your money on meth.

·
If in doubt, tach it out
287 Posts
Water injection=really good and beneficial
Methanol injection=most likely not good

I run straight water in mine. It does an amazing job keeping it cold. If your having high EGT's, I say go for it. You wont regret it. Like others have said, just stay away from the methanol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Even the window washer fluid? I've been thinking about getting a water/meth system, myself. I'm mainly looking to cool my egt's, and a little more power would be an added bonus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I gained a tenth in the quarter mile with water alone. just my two cents. dont really know about actual power gains

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I ran a Snow kit on my truck to San Diego and back. Running straight water it ran much cooler, and produced slightly more power.....but the power available was higher while towing because I could push it harder without the worry of EGT's. Using washer fluid helps you run more water without quenching.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts