Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been getting a lot of water leaking down where the door meets the fender on the driver side of my truck. i know my water pump is getting close to being toast. could this be a water pump issue. dont think its from my a/c because i dont use it.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That's nowhere near the water pump. Besides, is it water or is it coolant?

You're sure it's not just rain / car-wash water getting past the door seal, or perhaps road splash working its way up somewhere?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Check your windshield. I just had my windshield replaced due to it having two large cracks and the guy at the glass shop was telling me while showing me where due to body flex it had allowed the windshield to start leaking. Mine was dripping down from the top right corner of the windshield.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know its not near the pump but i didnt know if there was some kind of overflow line that could be draining. it could be from road water/rain but i have never noticed it before. its just got this big wet spot on the ground on the drivers side.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
If you can, put some paper on the ground where it drips, just to see if it's clear or green. But our cooling systems are pretty-much sealed, since they have the pressurized "degas bottle" reservoir instead of an old-school overflow. So this is happening even on sunny days?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
heater core.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
oops not a clue then

1 - 8 of 8 Posts