·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Citgo for the water in my fuel ! :flipa:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Gas stations have insurance for this purpose, have you looked into filing a claim?

I went through this with my 7.3 several years back, the Shell franchise's insurance company had to pay the $4K repair bill, and rent me a truck for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good to know!

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is the reason I keep all fuel receipts, and I always write the odometer mileage on them before I drive away.

It's enough evidence to convince them that they don't want to litigate.

It probably doesn't hurt that I'm an attorney, but when they took care of my 7.3 I never even mentioned my profession.

Also, the station may try to blame the supplier, don't let them. Get in touch with the Maryland (assuming that's where you got the gas) Dept. of Weights and Measures, they'll inspect their tanks ASAP, and can shut them down until the tanks are in order. Here's a complaint form : http://www.mda.state.md.us/weights_measures/complaint_form.php

If I can help, just ask.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i went threw this right afrter i broght my ford, but i made the mistake of just calling thme, they gave me the same old same old, we checked our fuel it tested fine,

just have a shop do the work and file a lawsuit i did mine myself and just ate the 90 dollars worth of diesel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put a bottle of FPPF fuel additive and drain out your water seperator and you will be fine, I have this happen every year I park my truck inside and I live in MN where the temprature can go from 50 above zero to 30 below zero in just a few days so you end up with condensation in your fuel tank. So what I am saying is unless you live down south it is just something that happens.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I back to normal. The tank was drained and cleaned out the seperator!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well lucky for me I work for a Ford dealer and it was " under warranty"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts