Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my truck sat at the tranny shop for the last 4 days and i just picked it up and the "water in fuel" light is on...how do i resolve this issue?
thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
under the truck on the drivers side just by the tranny casing is the water separator compartment, when the water in fuel light goes off that means the compartment is full and needs to be drained, allen wrench is needed to undo the cap and just a small bucket will do fine, if the light doesn't go off then you've gotten a bad batch of diesel and will just have to keep doing it until the light goes off

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
under the truck on the drivers side just by the tranny casing is the water separator compartment, when the water in fuel light goes off that means the compartment is full and needs to be drained, allen wrench is needed to undo the cap and just a small bucket will do fine, if the light doesn't go off then you've gotten a bad batch of diesel and will just have to keep doing it until the light goes off
Huh, the water seperator is the fuel filter in the bowl, on the top of the motor. On the back of it is a yellow lever, Turn it 90º, look under the truck, you will see fuel draining. When it stops, turn the yellow lever back. Turn the key on, leave it for 15 seconds, turn key off. Turn key on, wait 15 seconds. Start truck, if light is out, drive to the nearest Walmart, buy a bottle of Power Service, pour it in the tank, go fill up with fuel.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
He posted this in the 7.3 forum, so we would assume it's a 7.3 and not a 6.0. :doh:

OP, refer to Andy's post previous to mine. ;)

Dave

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts