Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fire junkie
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend the wife & kids head up north to help move cows from one pasture to another, I was not able to go this yr:mad::mad:, anyway get the truck seviced and fueled up, trailer hooked up & loaded and such they get off ok but about 2 - 3 hours into the trip (about a 5-6 hour run) wife calls and says the water in fuel light just came on:mad::confused: she said the truck was still running fine w/out any problems so I told her to keep going as she was meeting her dad half way, I called the FIL and told him what was up and when he meet up with them to drain the bowl (he has had PSD so knew how) anyway he meet up with them and took the boy and horses on up to ranch while the wife was in town, she called on her way home monday to say that the light never went off after draining on Friday, and that my FIL drained it again before she headed home and the light stayed on (she did not drive it any over the weekend) today I ran to the store and it was still on, came home drained bowl again and the light is still on any ideas here, when I served it I changed the oil, air / oil / fuel filters only thing different was the fuel filter the Int. dealer were I usually get mine was out so I got one from my local parts house any ideas:confused::confused: Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If it is still on, drain the fuel from the bowl into a clear glass jar and let it settle out. If there is water in the fuel you should see it. If there is none, there could be a problem with the sensor or the little WIF module (little solid-state cube that is the actual switch for the WIF light ... it is "downstream" of the sensor in the harness). See if the light goes out if you disconnect the sensor at the fuel bowl (if it stays on it could be the WIF module or the wiring). Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
It may just be shorted out.

I just unplugged mine about 3 yrs ago. No worries

·
Fire junkie
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, maybe a short as on the way to work this am the light went off:confused: oh well

Paul do I need to worry any about this with these new inj.? dont wanna go messing these things up any:D

Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts