Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gauge has been lighting up every couple of day for the last 3 weeks. even after finishing the tank and refueling. what might cause this and how might i fix it? first time ive seen this happen.
also last night the belt started squealing. i noticed that the belt was riding off center of the belt tensioner. do the tensioners go bad on these models and if so where is the best place to get one?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Napa is good for the tensioner IF that is the problem ...I would check the bearings on the alternator/ vacuum pump and the idler pulley along with the tensioner before I replaced anything ( You need to partially remove belt to do this ) As far a s the water light , have you drained the filterbowl regularly ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just check for excessive play and or grinding or sticking

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If the belt is riding off the tensioner pulley, the tensioner is done. The arm has become misaligned from the base and it needs replacement.

The Gates tensioner (part 38119) is an upgrade over the Ford part. I'd change the belt too if it hasn't been done in quite awhile.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got the belt problem fixed. took off the belt and the pulley next to the tensioner just feel off. glad that didnt happen when i was driving. thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
my gauge has been lighting up every couple of day for the last 3 weeks. even after finishing the tank and refueling. what might cause this and how might i fix it? first time ive seen this happen.
also last night the belt started squealing. i noticed that the belt was riding off center of the belt tensioner. do the tensioners go bad on these models and if so where is the best place to get one?
Yes the tensioners do go bad.. REPLACE IT ASAP take your belt off and you can then check the bearings on the idlers and tensioner and replace the bad one. The first time I lost one it cost more than just an idler or tensioner.. I had the belt come apart and take out the top rad hose and leave a nasty scar in the top of my hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts