Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a first time and new diesel owner. I have a 2013 F250 with 99xxx miles. I've had it for about 7 months. So far I've done 2 oil changes (2 or 3) and one fuel filter change. Yesterday I was on my home but I need to stop and fill up. I always go to the same station to fill up but I wanted to fill up at the station near my job. I filled up and went on my way. About 10 minuets into driving a message popped up "Water in fuel drain filter see manual". I searched in my manual but couldn't find anything, so i googled it. I found out you have to drain the fuel/water separator and how to do it. When I drained it, a yellowish/clearish liquid came out. About 1/4 of a water bottle after a nice neon green liquid came out. Once that came out I noticed there was water in the bottle mixed with fuel. I stopped and drained more out. The second time the green liquid came out but I noticed there was water still, not as much tho. I did it again and this time there were tiny drop like drops of water. After I was done I drove and the light came off within 5-10 mins. I plan on draining again soon.

My question is, was I ok in doing what i did? should I be worried about anything?

Tank you all.

·
Administrator
8,419 Posts
welcome to PSN.
yes, you did the rite thing. sorta.
don't wait to do it again. when the light comes on, stop as soon as safely possible and drain it. if you wait there is a very good chance you will ruin the $10,000 fuel system.

and make a mental note to never ever stop at that station again!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts