Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See you can modify your truck even when you're broke. It may be harder to get into but it looks so much cleaner without the factory side steps.

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
nice truck, id take my steps off buy the gf is a little short and wouldnt be so happy

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
nice truck, id take my steps off buy the gf is a little short and wouldnt be so happy
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Had them off for about a week and didn't hear the end of it. Plus someone decided to hit my truck in a parking lot that same week. Running boards would have prevented the truck from getting scratched/dented as well...

·
In The Passing Lane
198 Posts
i took my steps off about 3hrs after i bought my truck. for some reason i still have them and nobody wants to buy them.

Garrett

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
I am going to be buying factory steps to put back on my truck... To tall for wife without steps and factory ones are the cheapest I can find...

Sam

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
id love to take mine off but im in the same boat as yall... my wife if 5'1'' so taking off the steps would mean i have to pick her up all the time, not that shes heavy (100 soakin wet) just a pain

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Looks good, build a pitch weld cover & it will be finished.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually like my side steps, I thought they were going to come off, but with them being black with the truck they blend in well and are functional.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thinking about taking mine off and getting it line-x'd. Like others I got a short wife that wouldnt be a very happy camper.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Buck-up and get AMPs. Happy wife, happy life. LOL

·
<sideways skyscraper
471 Posts
The previous owner of my truck actually custom cut the brackets to the OEM side steps on my truck so they would sit tucked up to the body. I think it looks extremely clean couldn't bring myself to remove them.

Btw they still fuction perfectly

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
I took the steps off my 450... but added some AMP steps...

·
<-- Fat Bottom Girl
871 Posts
How hard was in to install the amp steps?

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
took about 4 hours.. the ones i got were off of an 08 so i had to splice the wiring harness to make it work on a 99. but it wasn't bad at all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts