Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to wash your truck. Im getting sick of climbing all over mine with a sponge to wash it. I have been looking for a brush on a pole like they use for big rigs but, I can't find anything. What do you guys use or find helpful?

I

·
0 Posts
I don't know who makes it but I bought it at Wally World.. It's blue in color and has a telescoping handle that is six feet long extended. It has the capability to put a hose on it but I don't use it.. I think it was like $15.00. It works great. I also bought the same brand wheel brush and it works perfect..

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
i wash mine with a similar brush, once its all bubbly i go over the area with a soft sponge. I hate having a dirty truck and dont mind taking the time to clean but a brush like mentioned above should do great.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I go to the car wash, or use my own high pressure washer...
After the "Soap" cylce, I have a pressurized bottle with water/Sunlight mix that I spray on the truck as I use a soft Terry towel to wipe the entire truck down with...then I use the "Rinse" cycle to wash everything off.
After that, I use a shamie (spelling??) and hand dry the entire truck.
No residue, and the truck shines afterwards.

·
Basil Marceuaxdotcom
189 Posts
I use a long brush I bought at walmart....pretty soft bristles. not hard enough to scratch the truck, but enough to get the mud off

·
Fode
330 Posts
my friends dad puts soap in a small tank sprayer and uses a power washer to finish it off, but I cant remember what he uses to scrub. That is for a semi though

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ya got the same blue one with the twist pole... I went and put a few screws in the pole and the brush. Never seemed like i could get it tight enough to stop turning at some point

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
just pull her in the shop and power wash her off and roll her out...days i feel real generous i do the same then drive to the drive through car wash and do that then park it and let it dry then start waxing

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I bought a brush from boaters world a long time ago. It was really soft... It dont even scratch black. I am not sure if you can find one like it at West Marine. I do remeber it was expensive I know that...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Isnt it taboo to mention a drive thru car wash in the detailing section of a forum?

You can always tell when somebody has driven through a car wash, versus doing it themselves...

·
Registered
782 Posts
wtf you wash your trucks............

·
Daily Stroker
1,680 Posts
Back when I had my mustang I would go to the DIY car wash, pop a $5 bill in and that would be enough time to do high pressure soap, foam brush, rinse, triple foam conditioner, rinse, clearcoat protecterant, and spot free rinse. The truck is so much bigger I barely get through the foam brush now LOL
But yeah those DIY places that have bays and an automatic car wash are the best IMHO

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I can say one thing the touch free car wash does a damn good job on my truck... The bad thing is the stack will still get water in it with a bucket on it and idleing.

I

·
0 Posts
I can say one thing the touch free car wash does a damn good job on my truck... The bad thing is the stack will still get water in it with a bucket on it and idleing.
Yup, we have one of those laser touchless washes down the street and it works really well but once in while I sponge it myself. I'll never forget the first time I went in there. ( I have a CC long box dually) the guy that works there watched me drive in and was like :eek: It is a tight fit.. I have about six inchs on each side left for room pulling in through the doorway.. :D

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I have one of those blue bristled brushes, bought it at an RV dealership. The couple of times I have used it I couldn't tell the difference between using it and using a sponge. It still comes out better than the car wash though, but we don't have one around here that is big enough for my truck.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Microfiber is the only way to go. Otherwise you are pretty much scratching it. But most people are not going to notice it at all.

I used to use a brush. I never even knew that I was scratching it until I buffed out my truck with Adam's and all the scratches were gone. Started using the brush and I could see them immediately... LOL. Microfiber everything is the only way I roll now...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Microfiber is the only way to go. Otherwise you are pretty much scratching it. But most people are not going to notice it at all.

I used to use a brush. I never even knew that I was scratching it until I buffed out my truck with Adam's and all the scratches were gone. Started using the brush and I could see them immediately... LOL. Microfiber everything is the only way I roll now...
:whs:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts