Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Ok from Jesse Warren to share some details about these modified spool valve/solenoid assemblies. So here is a little about them.
As many of you 6.0 owners know, stiction is one of the big issues with these injectors, due to the way the HEUI works. What if I told you that stiction was no longer an issue with theses injectors? Well, as far as they have been tested in my truck (mods are in the sig), I have ran them for a little over 1,000 miles, with 15-40 Motorcraft oil. It still starts just as well as a "new" 6.0 or VT365 would from the factory. When the temp dropped into the 20's overnight, it got down to about 35 in the garage. Went out and fired it up. Started immediately. Ran VERY smooth considering the size of my injectors, with no noticeable haze. Several friends of mine and some owners of the big three diesels (Cummins, Duramax, and Powerstroke guys) have all asked me why it starts so much smoother then they expect.
Here is a video of the startup. It has always started the same in similar weather. I will park outside tomorrow night when it gets in the single digits and see the difference then, and record it.
If anyone would like some more information on these, give Warren Diesel a call! I would prefer not to get into the technical side of them...
They are $400 ontop of the injector cost and as of right now, till more miles are on these, have a 1 year warranty.
I guarantee you will be impressed! :ford:

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Nice write up :psnb:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have these too but just for the past couple of weeks. From my limited time with them not only me but my normal passengers are noticed and stated...

1.) It's noticeably smoother at every speed especially at highway speeds.

2.) It starts quicker and runs smoother down to the 30's - coldest its been here in Dallas.

3.) Quieter than it's ever been

4.) I'm not running any additives in the past 2 tanks to see just how much these spool valves can take - per Jesse we could run any oil even though I'm staying with 5w40 T6.

5.) The first couple of miles aren't any different than after completely warmed up other than a little more injector "hammer".

I'll post a start up video too as it will be in the 20's the next couple of days.

All of this from a truck that was notorious for Stiction regardless of what oil change or additive i used. So if nothing else this saves me a ton in Archoil, Rev-X and Diesel Kleen which i will now run every other tank or skip 2 tanks.

Best Mod ever.

Denny

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Denny! Glad I'm not the only person on here who has them.
I did switch to 15-40 so we will see how that goes.
Your feedback is HUGELY appreciated!

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
128 Posts
did you get just the solenoids or the solenoids and spool valves? I talked to Jesse and he does not recommend the modified spool valves for the street.

Did you get both sides of the solenoids done? or just one side?

I am going to be getting the solenoids done on both sides and i was quoted $650

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got both the solenoid and spool valve.
For the solenoids, only the long side needs to be swapped. Its (according to Jesse) a waste of the money to do both the long and short sides together.
I would just have the long side replaced.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cool,

I am going to get with Jesse right now. I talked with him a few weeks ago and would not sell me the modified spool valve for my application (daily driver)... only the solenoids. Jerk... lol

I am sure the 650 was for both sides

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I have the modified valve....
Ask him what Wes Miller has. That might help.

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
91 Posts
And Denny Lindsay as I vaguely remember him saying he done one side as well, which side I have no idea... Let me know what he says I got so I'll know going forward... Plz.

Denny

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He will always do the long side

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah.. It's not smokey at all. I have alot of fuel cut, unless I go above 80% throttle. Then it dumps full fuel.
20 degree cold start with the modified solenoids.

·
JGman141
859 Posts
285/100's on a stock turbo?!?! That must be SMOKEY!!!!
No he's going to put a ww2 in the turbo and it should clean them up to a light haze LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

·
Swamp trash...
247 Posts
I would think these would go great with a 58V FICM.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure. I'm still running the 48volt stocker with them.
Anyone who has these running them with a 58volt?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a video I got the other morning of how the solenoids perform at startup and whilst driving.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts