Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had all injectors replaced and a egr delete done the guy said he will warranty it all for 2 years unless I put a programmer on it and I just ordered a sct right before he told me. how will he be able to tell if I tune it up??

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
My guess is he won't. A ton of people will say it stores a code, a ton of people will say it doesn't store a code. But, if it does store a code I would imagine you would need software from Ford to retrieve it from your computer. Then again, your getting a two year warranty on your injectors. Is it a warranty for labor or does it cover parts too (out of curiosity)?

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything. labor and if I blow any injectors or the egr messes up. I can't go without a programmer I love it with it on there

·
young buck learning.
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i understand. im trying to get info quick its all sitting right here and i wanna tune it but dont know what to do.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Its a risk you have to take. Either put all your marbles in a basket or don't. It doesn't go both ways. You can always run a tune and then set it back to stock. Unhook the batteries let it sit for an hour to reset the pc. But then there's always that rumor that it holds a "hidden" code...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have ford's IDS setup and I haven't found any codes saying it was tuned- If it holds a mysterious code then by all means someone please tell me how/where to find it because my dealer never said anything about it being tune w/SCT when I had warranty work done ;) Tune it and remember to put it back to stock and preferably put some miles on it stock before taking it in to take care of the P1000 cde. I never did, I told them that the code was there because I had to disconnect the battery to charge them which technically wasn't a lie until I got my DB Electric HO alternator.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its amazing that there is so much misconseption and brain washing when it comes to ford diesel techs, A tuner will not harm mentioned parts if anything it will make them live longer if you use good maintnance routine including adding a bypass filteration setup...If you are planing to keep your ride for long term a bypass IMO is a must, Soot Kills

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
I have ford's IDS setup and I haven't found any codes saying it was tuned- If it holds a mysterious code then by all means someone please tell me how/where to find it because my dealer never said anything about it being tune w/SCT when I had warranty work done ;) Tune it and remember to put it back to stock and preferably put some miles on it stock before taking it in to take care of the P1000 cde. I never did, I told them that the code was there because I had to disconnect the battery to charge them which technically wasn't a lie until I got my DB Electric HO alternator.
SCTs won't do it. But I have seen Bully Dog and SuperChips and Diablosports and some of the older evolutions, corrupt the Mode 9 data availble with an IDS.

Instead of the calibration comming up as a correct file name. It will say some strange things. Like Copyright Bullydog Technologies blah blah blah...

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
SCTs won't do it. But I have seen Bully Dog and SuperChips and Diablosports and some of the older evolutions, corrupt the Mode 9 data availble with an IDS.

Instead of the calibration comming up as a correct file name. It will say some strange things. Like Copyright Bullydog Technologies blah blah blah...
so with the sct x2 I'm good to go he won't be able to tell?
read what psdplayer just said. Is the SCTx2 an SCT product? Answer is yes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts