Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a number I can call to report a dealership that messed me around?

I have a 2011 f250 6.7l. The fuel sending unit needed replaced. They originally said it wouldn't be covered under warranty because it got messed up because of my Titan tank I put on 3 years ago. I said to look into it more because I have extended warranty and wasn't doing it through them if it wasn't covered. Week later their warranty girl called and said it was covered. Today I get a call saying the truck is fixed but NOT covered!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That is just wrong!!!

·
Schrod
32 Posts
Call them back and ask for the warranty girl and tell her what is going on and ask for her help.

·
Administrator
32,982 Posts
I get all my stuff from my dealer service guy via email

this is just wrong

also the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act
states they have to prove the aftermarket product caused the failure of the OEM part before they can deny a claim

·
Registered
875 Posts
The sender should not be covered because of the titan fuel tank. They should not have fixed your truck without your approval. X2 ask to speak with the person who told you it was covered. Check paper work when you dropped truck off. I make ALL CUSTOMERS with warranties sign work order stating they understand they are responsible for ALL charges not covered by warranty. I have had issues with warranty companies say they are going to pay for repair pull truck down say transmission failure, get it torn down and they send a adjuster out and adjuster decides not to cover it because truck has oversize tires. Warranty company decided not to cover any part of the repair. Now truck is sitting on lift trans is torn into 100 pieces now customer decides shop b will fix it for x dollars cheaper. Now I have a fight I look like the bad guy. I learned long time ago make customer sign work order stating they will pay for any service not covered by warranty First!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Go pick your truck up and dealer is going to have to eat it if they cant get it covered. They made the repairs without your authorization...they are going to have to eat it. done deal. their mistake, not yours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The reason im worried about doing anything to my truck, its like they are looking for any way to get out of doing warranty worrk.

·
Registered
932 Posts
the sender being installed in a different tank should not be an issue unless the sender was damaged during the install. some dealership personal are too quick to point a finger. as a tech...I try and keep an open mind to what the real issue is.

·
Administrator
32,982 Posts
like the one in my 550 the factory sender was cut and extended to fit the tank
not the case with the Titan midship
but you would be unwise to cut the sender wiring (if equipped) and not just extend the truck wiring for a permanent solution anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts