Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question... does ford void the warranty if you dont take it to them to change the oil? Ive heard both but curious to see if we have to have them do it....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
No it just has to be on the record. Where I'm at they say as long as it is recorded it is fine. I still dont think that covers it if you do it yourself

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Ford has never seen my 6.0 for maintenance, they didn't ask for any proof of maintenance work when I took it in for warranty work.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
some are also like that. Really you just need to ask your local ford shop for the best answer. we can really only guess

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
It just depends on the dealer. I still have warranty with all the stuff on my truck, but some void your warranty for putting an intake on. But if they void it for not bringing it in for an oil change thats just B.S. in my opinion.

·
Registered
193 Posts
sometimes Ford want maintenance record if your submitting for prior approval on selected items. They have asked for oil change and fuel filter records when wanting approval for more than 4 fuel injectors at a time. Have also had oil change records requested when getting approval for a 6.4 high pressure fuel pump, like oil changes have much to do with a fuel pump pressure control valve leaking! There just looking for a easy way out of warranty repairs, you just have to play there BS games

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
As long as you keep all your receipts you will be fine. If they have a catastrophic engine failure or an in depth prior approval claim, you should be ready to turn over your records, plain and simple. I tell my customers to keep their reciepts, write down your mileage and engine hours then stash them in your owners manual. Just an fyi, idling your truck for 1 hour is the equivalent to driving 33 miles. Multiply your engine hours by 33, you should be within your mileage by a ballpark of 1k miles. If you are exceeding your interval using this calculation, you need to change it by an hourly interval rather than mileage. Yes, Ford will deny it if your hours/mileage don't jive. Either 5k miles or 200 hours.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What I meant was the dealers have to play Ford BS game. Your right, sometimes the customer needs to find a new dealer depending on the amout of Ford BS game the dealer makes the customer play with them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
sometimes Ford want maintenance record if your submitting for prior approval on selected items. They have asked for oil change and fuel filter records when wanting approval for more than 4 fuel injectors at a time. Have also had oil change records requested when getting approval for a 6.4 high pressure fuel pump, like oil changes have much to do with a fuel pump pressure control valve leaking! There just looking for a easy way out of warranty repairs, you just have to play there BS games
No but not changing your fuel filters will sure affect the vcv and , pcv. FYI they are looking for the ####ty aftermarket fuel filters that have no outer mesh layer on them. If you know what the mesh is for then you will know why they want the proper filters installed. People cause a lot of their own problems by trying to cheap out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
:whs: Never go the cheap way out on these newer trucks. I have ran AMSoil in my diesel an they look great when i pull the valve covers off to inspect at times. By the way thats a sharp F450!:ford:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:whs: Never go the cheap way out on these newer trucks. I have ran AMSoil in my diesel an they look great when i pull the valve covers off to inspect at times. By the way thats a sharp F450!:ford:

well thank you :D.... and thanks guys just curious to see what youd say

1 - 13 of 13 Posts