Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2006 F350 I was offered, and purchased, a “Mastertech Extended warranty” does anyone know anything about these or have any experience with them? I have read that any modifications void the warranty, but the truck came with a lift, tires, and aftermarket intake already on it. Is this warranty basically useless for me or is it worth keeping? I’ve got 60 days to cancel for a refund.

·
Project Shamu
2,407 Posts
I've heard from several people that no warranty is worth it, unless it's directly from FORD MOTOR COMPANY. And to never buy any "aftermarket" insurance from a 3rd party.

But that's just what I've heard, I'm assuming because 3rd parties like to weasel their way out of claims in any way possible

·
7,983 Posts
a car salesman of 40 years on another site said the same exact thing.
used car warranties are a scam designed to make money for the company.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
we had a guy show up at our shop with an aftermarket warranty and they sent out an adjuster took one look at the non stock wheels and non stock lift and said the warranty should have never been sold for the truck the guy tried the that's the way he bought it but they did refund him his money. And as a mechanic we have been dealing with these companies and they never want to pay and spend more time looking for reasons not to pay then paying.

·
don't play well w others
3,658 Posts
When I was still running my shop, 95 % of the time, the warranty company turned down the claim
They are good at taking your money, not so much at giving it back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s what I was afraid of, I spoke to the salesman today and he said they’ll take care of the current issue(see my last post, and damn sure let me know what you think) and I asked how the warranty will do me any good with the modifications being on there and he said “bro, we sold you that truck like that, we will definitely fix any issues that come up with that warranty trust me” now if I can just get the service manager at the dealership to put that in writing for me lol

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad I can only like this one one time.

Along with getting it in writing get the owner of the dealership to sign it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don’t feel bad, you ain’t lying. If I don’t get it in writing from the service manager and owner I’m going to cancel that warranty. I feel like I’ve been shafted on that deal.

·
don't play well w others
3,658 Posts
Trust me, the check's in the mail... Trust me, I won't *** in her mouth...…

Bla bla bla…
Get it in writing like bugman said.
I have a $3,500 rear in my E450 that "has" a warranty that the shop won't stand behind. I'm going to court.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn man, that’s terrible. Hope that all works out for you. It’s too bad that people can’t give you their word and be honest about it anymore.

·
Administrator
32,930 Posts
My 06 had a lift and my paperwork said the lift was included in the aftermarket warranty and would not cause any denial of coverage

i contacted the A/M warranty company for proof of this inclusion '
i took me a month to get it in writing and over the life of the warranty i did get my money back in repairs but it was a huge headache and i took them to the BBB numerous times

crap like the overflow bottle is covered but ford calls it a degas so tough luck

and AC work did not cover evacuation and recharge ( WTF )

skip the warranty

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Did he have a conspicuously placed but bad looking "gun" in his desk drawer with a very obvious looking CO2 cylinder screw in it too?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow that's crazy you have all had such bad luck on your extend warranties. My wife old car (FoMoCo warranty) no issues at all. Bring car in told them what was wrong. They would give us a loaner car, diagnose and fix the problem and then deliver the car to us and pick up the loaner. $0 deductible. Had the car in the shop a few times. Our current car has a 3rd party warranty, so I don't get the white glove service like I did with the ford warranty. However I did just have the transmission and transmission cooler replaced on my wife's 2014 ford edge with 104k on it. Warranty good till 140k. We paid the $100 deductible and 3 days later ford had our car done. No fighting or issues at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I should add that her car is 100% stock, and we have all the oil changes done at the dealer while under warranty...

·
Project Shamu
2,407 Posts
FoMoCo warranty is different. Manufacture warrantys are almost always going to be little or no hassle. My local Ford dealer will do bulletproofing on 6.0s with bulletproof products, and still cover it all under warranty.

·
7,983 Posts
exactly. ford, and ford extended warranties are fantastic. aftermarket warranties suck elephant schlong.

·
Native Texan
8,986 Posts
Wow that's crazy you have all had such bad luck on your extend warranties. My wife old car (FoMoCo warranty) no issues at all. Bring car in told them what was wrong. They would give us a loaner car, diagnose and fix the problem and then deliver the car to us and pick up the loaner. $0 deductible. Had the car in the shop a few times. Our current car has a 3rd party warranty, so I don't get the white glove service like I did with the ford warranty. However I did just have the transmission and transmission cooler replaced on my wife's 2014 ford edge with 104k on it. Warranty good till 140k. We paid the $100 deductible and 3 days later ford had our car done. No fighting or issues at all.
A Ford warranty is not the same as most of the aftermarket warranties. they are basically insurance and every insurance company is about making money if they didn't make money they would not be in business. the Ford warranty is for customer satisfaction I have had no problems with warranties thru ford and would take one with out a question. I had a warranty thru gm way back in the day on my 94 geo metro and they treated me well on that(except for the dealer that sold me the car would not do any of the warranty work)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts