Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so about 6 months ago I used VHT Nite Shades spray tint on the headlights of my SD.

Well the shading got old and I wanted to upgrade and try some things with it, I expected to removal to be tough but not as tough as it was...

I spent literally 2 hours using NEK and a razor to get this stuff off and it barely put a dent in it and also ruined my headlights.... Wonderful...now I have to pay for some new headlights which I didn't need to do but now I have to... When I contacted VHT they were very helpful, I do give them that but I warn anyone planning to use VHT on their vehicle be careful....go easy because it sucks to take it off.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Wet sand would work just fine...

Its a paint, I hope it sticks good! LOL

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
for anyone else who wants to stay away from VHT nightshade for this reason plastidip tint is a spray on application product that peels of just like all other plastidip when you want it to come off. or depending on where the item is and the curvature of the surface you could just go down to your local tint shop and ask for some pieces to do the job.

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CSIPSD wet sanding destroyed my headlights....

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and did a actor what VHT told me and it scuffed the hell out if my headlights. Yes I made the mistake of putting it on my headlights but I had no idea it fused so well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So breaks there is no reason to be upset, the stuff did wat it was ment to do, if I tint my lights I don't want it washing off....but like said above, sand and buff and you really should need new lights..

·
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Straight edge razor is the way to go! Take it from experience... I actually have some awesome light coming out of there. Probably upgrading bulbs soon.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I did some of mine too dark so I wanted to start over. I literally just took a rag with brake cleaner on it and the stuff wiped off. Seemed easy to me and my tail light looked new after.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.