Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scoop I got a 94 F-350 dually cclb with 12,700 original miles and I want to convert to 4x4 with 05 up axles. It has a 460 5 speed now but that won't be in there for long. I searched tons of threads and can't find what I'm looking for. Can I use 05-current axles or just 05-07? I haven't found anyone that used 08 and up (not sure why)? I'm sure caryt has used 08 and up but there's no info on his site about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pretty certain you can use 6.4 axles. Main difference I am aware of is the factory track bar mount that bolts to the frame is different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of what I was thinking. Maybe a little wider? Not sure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got that one bookmarked and a couple others also. I guess my thoughts are the newest 05-07 axles are already 7 years old and hard to find low mile ones. Just trying to find out if a guy could use even 11-14 axles and even have the electronic locking rear differential.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I picked up a 06 F250 rolling chassis for a steal at $750 this winter. I haven't done the swap yet, but have read almost every thread that is out there.

One of the big things I know I'm going to do it rent a magnetic drill press to pop the holes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is anyone confident that 08 up will also work?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well i won't say I'm posative cause that would jinxe it but I'm sure enough i would buy a set of 08 to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.