Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to do some sort of a build on my 2000 7.3. I drive this truck around 150 miles a day. Pulling heavy about every other week. Now i would love to drive my 6.4 everyday for work but thats just not an option. So im looking to improve my 7.3 all around. power and towing being the biggest part. The most i would like to spend on this is 5-6 thousand. So if you guys could help me out on what to do and where to buy from that would be great. Keep in mind that the dealer will be installing. I just do not have time. The first two things i kno i need are a new set of gauges and new chip. The current mods on this truck are. heavy tranny, diy intake, 38r, 5 inch exhaust

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to sound like i want to blow my hard earned money but is that it? Where would you choose to buy them from?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a million for your advice i would have got it in my head i needed one of everything. thanks again very helpful

·
The Town Piddler
121 Posts
Yeah if you drive it that much and pull heavy, with your current mods throw the. 160/100s in get some good tunes and enjoy a great running, great towing truck. The new wicked wheel from Dieselsite for the 38r is gonna be coming out soon so you could always add that when the time comes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
what is a brake upgrade?? I need new brakes rotors and calipers and do not know what would be best to get.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
The only upgraded calipers i know of are ssbc and they are expensive. Calipers you can get get parts house ones, rotors you can get powerslots, ebc, art, ect. Pads you can get ebc, hawk, performance plus ect. I run art (applied rotor technology) cyroed rotors, performance plus pads and ate superblue fluid. Works pretty well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are slotted ones ok for us or non slotted is better? I want a rotor that does not RUST away!!! I do not put many miles per year so it does sit a lot. I have 78,xxx miles on my 02/2000 truck.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
non sloted has more surface area to grip, but heat.
slotted has less area but run cooler..

either way make sure you grease regrease the pins

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Id like to do some sort of a build on my 2000 7.3. I drive this truck around 150 miles a day. Pulling heavy about every other week. Now i would love to drive my 6.4 everyday for work but thats just not an option. So im looking to improve my 7.3 all around. power and towing being the biggest part. The most i would like to spend on this is 5-6 thousand. So if you guys could help me out on what to do and where to buy from that would be great. Keep in mind that the dealer will be installing. I just do not have time. The first two things i kno i need are a new set of gauges and new chip. The current mods on this truck are. heavy tranny, diy intake, 38r, 5 inch exhaust
We can get you setup with a really good package to meet your needs.

For a towing rig, a good setup would be stage 1's(or stage 2's depending on the power you want), T-500(if you need it), regulated return, some custom tunes, and your current mods. That setup will not break your budget either.

If you are looking for new gauges you have many options. You can go with standard pillar style gauges, or a digital device. We carry both.

If you want a device that will tune and work as gauges, we have the Infinity. It will hold an unlimited amount of tunes, monitor generic and enhanced Ford PID's, run tests(KOEO/KOER, buzz, glow plug, cylinder contribution), read/clear DTC's, datalog, play media, and much more. You can check it out by clicking HERE.

I would be glad to help you out with any other questions you may have. Feel free to contact me by PM or e-mail.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I agree, some stage I's, guages, some new tunes, more oil if needed, a regulated return, 6.0 tranny cooler if you don't have that already and your good to go.

Should keep you under your budget with install I would think.

·
Registered
854 Posts
6.0 tranny cooler, smith brothers push rods, 910 comp springs, RR, custom tuned chip and injectors 238/100 hybrids would be good IMO

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
the infinity setup is that like a cross between an sct and insight..only with jody tunes.
is it switch on the fly or flash before start.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
the infinity setup is that like a cross between an sct and insight..only with jody tunes.
is it switch on the fly or flash before start.
The Infinity will tune like an SCT device and monitor like an Insight(except with way more options and features.)

It is not switch on the fly because it is a programmer which requires you to flash the PCM with the vehicle off. However, very shortly we will be releasing a cable that will connect any multi-position chip to the Infinity which will let the Infinity change tunes on the chip. This will enable you to use the Infinity as a chip switcher instead of a twist knob or digital switcher.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
nice... I remember when quadzilla had a controller like that..seemed like a good idea. to me..
digital guage with aftermarket custom tunes...this looks even better..now if it only played music and had an aux input for my phone..aka mp3 possibly a rear view camera ...I woukd ditch the radio an bolt that puppy there.

maybe you guys can pass that along to the manufacturer as a wish list for the next version.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
nice... I remember when quadzilla had a controller like that..seemed like a good idea. to me..
digital guage with aftermarket custom tunes...this looks even better..now if it only played music and had an aux input for my phone..aka mp3 possibly a rear view camera ...I woukd ditch the radio an bolt that puppy there.

maybe you guys can pass that along to the manufacturer as a wish list for the next version.
You are one lucky guy then... The media feature is already available :D. It has an aux port.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts