Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the forum world but im looking at my first psd. it is a 1996 f-250 ext. cab 5 speed. the thing im worried about is it has 250,000 miles for $7,500 most of its life has been in tx. im located in boone,nc. is the amount of miles something to worry about? how many more miles does it have left? what will i be replacing? it has a f-350 front end. i have looked under the truck and no leaks and the engine compartment is clean. i dont want to buy something im going to be losing money in. just throw whatever input you have my way. thanks

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Welcome.

I wouldn't worry alot about the 250K miles. Are you certain it has the D60 under the front?

I would pull the oil cap to check the blow by. If you have a friend with a scan tool have them scan the truck just to see what its doing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is just what the guy thats got it for sale told me. would it be a bad or a good thing? and i have no access to scan it thats why im trying to get as much info on here as i can.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
a dana 60 under a f250 is a great thing. its a mod that alot of f250 guys do instead of throwing money at the dana 50 TTB that comes stock.

you would be better off replacing the injectors due to the miles.

you state in your other thread that your selling a f350 cc thats 2wd with a 7.3 but your also looking to buy your first psd?

sorry Im kinda confused.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what type should i use? like i said my first diesel so its all kinda new. and how many miles could i expect out of this truck? it looks like its been maintained pretty good

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I think he is asking to much. It is more in the 5k range

·
Registered
71 Posts
:whs: Sounds a tadd high to me too with that mileage. Although if it does have the D60 under it already that is pretty nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry bout that. yea i just looked at some injectors on the web and they are pretty high. with injectors will a new set of stock ones be fine?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
when i go to get this truck is there anything i need to look for? i expect it would last me another 100,000...am i wrong?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
yeah I have the stock TTB piece of sh*t front end that is a money pit. its funny how many people can be cramed into an ext cab truck but its so uncomfortable to have 2 people in there, yet alone say child seat or anything.

plus a 4x4 cc f350 dually was not a option so only true obs lovers will know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts