Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of doing a preformance chip in my truck and also looking into injectors. im thinking of buying them through bdp but i dont know what im getting into exactly im thinking skip stage one go straight to stage two injectors haveing the chip burned for them and then upgrading my turbo later down the road and im sure my tranny will be needing replaced by then but is that a good idea? or should i go with stage ones and upgrade later to the bigger injectors? my future hp goal is 400-450ish and im wanting to just build my way up to that because money is an issue (just like every one els) i was thinking of doing the ts chip first? then injectors? but another question on the bdp site it says like 1095 bucks for the injectors thats for all 8 injectors right? i know lots of questions but i have no one els to ask and im in need of some guidence so any advice is very apreciated also my truck is stock other then intake and exhaust have gauges just not instailed yet. please any help is good help:psn:

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
One thing to remember is that you will have to get a reburn everytime you add injectors, turbo, or upgrade the tranny to maximize the mods so factor in those costs as well and down time for sending it in. You may want to install the guages, get a chip and then save up and do the injectors and turbo at the same time while sending in the chip for a reburn. I was able to get a free reburn from DP Tuner when I bought Full Force injectors through them. Every little bit counts.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot and iv read that thread just wanted some ones straight up option on my situation

·
Registered
353 Posts
What I would do to make some solid reliable power is upgrade your e99 to later SD stuff. Get bellowed up-pipes for a later superduty and all of the other accessories associated with the swap e.g 3 inch plenums, intake spider, non-ebpv pedestal, a 38r, a good custom tune from Tony Wildman, Casserly Stage 1 or Swamps Stage 1, upgrade your 15 degree hpop to a 17 degree and you will be happy. But that wont be 400 hp, but the way I look at it is, how much power do you really need. Many people told me my stage 1 injectors from swamps were to small for the h2e, it is a bit laggy but not to bad because my tuning is great. You could do stage 2's but then you might need to start upgrading transmission parts, possibly valve springs, head studs etc. It also all depends on your foot. But me personally, my stage ones work just fine. I will upgrade to hybrids when I rebuild the motor with all of the right components. Remember, you want to keep it fun, but also reliable at the same time.

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe thats a good idea i wanna be able to have fun with it but also pull a 12000 pound excavator with no issues it wont pull that much weight daily just when its needed im gonna keep looking into all my options thanks for the idea theoldgirl1990

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
the more hp you want the more money its gonna cost....over 400 and youll be looking to do a lot of expensive tranny work to keep it reliable. even with 350 or so i would put a converotr and vb in it (over 1000 bucks) i think you should start with like mentioned before....sd turbo setup, and just a chip...if you have to have more power than decide from there... for me 300 is enough...(a chip with custom tunes and stock most everything else.) if i had money to blow like 10 k i would go with a 400 hp setup and a bts tranny. but then again its not worth it for me.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
no way i would spend ther money to upgrade to late99 just to put on a 38r. if i was gonna do anything different than a d66 i would go the t4 mount with a s366, maybe a set of 160/30's, an srp1, and some good tunes (i like beans tunes) and you would have a solid 400 horse truck. get a bts valve body and a 6.0 cooler and you be set. intake exhaust gauges and regulated return are also highly recommended by me

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with ya there. I went that route obviously. My dad has a 38R though with TW tuning, exhaust, intake and gauges and likes it. His truck is still more driveable than mine. The h2e setup though has more potential for future avenues. Gotta say though, I think Tony does a better job of tuning. Just a personal preferance. I have tried them both.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I wouldnt bother with the 99.5 stuff just to put a 38r.
Get at t4 or 4i mount from irate, carson , ***, bean etc..
Better turbos, cheaper to replace, upgradable etc..
Ie..... h2e, qssb, s3 or 400.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would call jake at irate diesel. I love the kits he's putting together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts