Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm wanting to get head studs put in my truck, but I can't afford the $2000+ installation. I have an extended warranty until 200,000 miles. You guys have any tricks on how i can get some ARP head studs put in under warranty?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Well depending on your dealership around you if they went I would talk to the tech in the back and ask him to install the parts you want you'd just slide them in the cab somewhere. You aint gonna find anyone to do it under 2k though.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am located in Prattville, AL. It's about twenty minutes from Montgomery. And honestly, if you can find somewhere I can do this, I wouldn't mind traveling a few hours.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm looking for a dealership in Alabama or Georgia to install headstuds under warranty as well. I'm located near Gadsden Alabama.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I go to Tulsa once a year! Can I get some info on that? But other than that, does anybody know of anyone in Alabama?

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
You could just try calling local dealerships and talking to the service managers, some of them are pretty cool. Mine had no issues with it when I got mine done. Just be up front and honest with them and tell them that you'd bring it to them when ever possible. I told my dealer I'd exclusively bring my truck to them for work from now on, so they know there is no chance of them getting caught at another dealer with it. Some dealerships are pretty open about it and dont care, and they will do it no questions asked. I know of one dealer here in the NE that will do it with your truck not even puking, all they ask is you buy the studs from them for $500.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If anyone knows of a dealership in AL that will put studs in under warranty will you shoot me a pm as well? Thanks guys!

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
I would just call around to different dealers. There are more than a few dealers around you so its worth a try.

·
Smoke = See ya
47 Posts
Basically, they way we have seen it go out here is if the head gaskets let go, and you don't get into trouble with aftermarket parts, then most of the dealers will install them while doing the work. If they won't, then find another dealer. You will have to do some legwork on this one to find out what dealers are willing to work with their customers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know how it is everywhere but with the extended warranty and i'm assuming its fords dieselcare warranty, when i've done repairs under that warranty ford almost always sends an inspector out before they will ok the repair. So you could still put them in but if anything ever happened again you'd be sol. The last inspector i had come out was all over the truck taking pictures of everything. Just what i've seen.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Tried to get mine done , gave them the whole song and dance. They replaced the EGR cooler and OIL cooler and said it was ok. (truck never lost 1 oz of coolant) , must just be a repair they do right off the bat to get you to go away. I mentioned to them about having to do studs on my 05 and they said oooh well ,your 06 is ok bring it back if you can prove its the gaskets or studs. ( they did studs , gaskets , and oil /egr cooler on 05 250 $5700.00 out of warranty!!)

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gosh, that hurts!!!! I'm hoping I can find one in AL that will do them. Or does anyone else in Alabama wanna do them for me?;) haha I can pay a little bit, but not quite $2000

1 - 20 of 30 Posts