Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6.0 moneypit
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum so take it easy on me guys.. I recently rolled 100K miles and decided to do some upgrades to my truck. A buddy told me to first go with head studs then EGR delete and SCT livewire. Not sure what the best brands are for the head studs and the delete nor if this is even the right direction I need to go. If you have some good advice for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is an everyday truck which I put quite a bit of miles on so just looking for more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I use stock gaskets when I did head studs they are a must! I'd go with arp studs if you'd like too save some money and don't plan on going crazy with mods. Egr delete another great mod FCDP a sponsor on here sells a great one. And SCT is deff the best tuner for them your buddy's got you on the right track you would also need a exhaust.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
your going to get a million opinions on the egr delete, there are a few that due change a few more things than others but overall they all have the same basic function, as far as it just being a daily driver i'd do the arp head studs, get a tune from a vendor here for your sct and you will be very pleased, theres many reputable tuners here, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and the list goes on, its all a matter of what you prefer and desire

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
well first of all get rid of that edge in your sig and get head studs and a egr delete. you dont realy need a livewire, am x3 works just fine with some guages. the livewire does show most stuff but its just big and bulky. imo. i have a x3 and an edge insight and i couldnt be happier

On Edit: yes i could be happier, with a 6.4 in my driveway but thats a different story. lol

·
6.0 moneypit
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the advice. Definitely going to start getting this ordered and in the truck.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
If your gonna be wanting more then 475hp better have some money set aside, believe me I know. Also everything said above is all good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts