Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get your opinions on which truck you would buy and why? I am looking at two 2003 F250 SC SB 4X4's, both have 132000 miles. They are both Lariats. Exactly the same except one has a 6.0 the other has a 7.3. The 6.0 is $14,000 and the 7.3 is $15,000.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
if it was me i would choose the 7.3

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
IMHO 7.3

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
7.3 hands down. Reasons why I would want the 7.3 is that you dont have to dump a ton of money to make some power with it like the 6.0 such as headstuds, egr delete...etc. Not to mention having the possibility of having headgasket issues...egr cooler issues while being completely stock. 7.3s seem to hold their ground well and are known for their reliability. They might not be as fast a tuned 6.0 will be, but I would rather have a truck I can depend on. I have a 7.3 myself and the truck has never given a problem and I've put 100k on it the last three years I've had it. But any truck will last as long as you keep the proper maintaince up on it.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
7.3 hands down. Reasons why I would want the 7.3 is that you dont have to dump a ton of money to make some power with it like the 6.0 such as headstuds, egr delete...etc. Not to mention having the possibility of having headgasket issues...egr cooler issues while being completely stock. 7.3s seem to hold their ground well and are known for their reliability. They might not be as fast a tuned 6.0 will be, but I would rather have a truck I can depend on. I have a 7.3 myself and the truck has never given a problem and I've put 100k on it the last three years I've had it. But any truck will last as long as you keep the proper maintaince up on it.
:whs:

I

·
0 Posts
I love my 6.0 but seeing both trucks are virtually the same I would tell you to buy the 7.3 for reasons mentioned above...

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
all depends what you plan on doing with the truck,alot of poeple bash the
6.0's,basically if you buy a 6.0 plan on spendin roughly 5k, to make it a tough
reliable truck,studs,egr delete,fuel system,etc.personally i would buy the 6.0 and do the upgrades there awesome when upgraded but you can never go wrong with a 7.3

·
psdguy97
859 Posts
I'd go with the 7.3. you don't want to deal with all the problems of the 6.0.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I wouldnt buy either of em. get a 6.4 these things are shweet and power to money ratio is unreal. Just my 0.02

·
brandon
778 Posts
7.3 all the way! :rockwoot: went to buy a crew cab but after driving the 6 leakers i told them i was going to wait for a 7.3 instead.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your help guys. Apparently there is no decision to make here. 7.3 is it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
33 for a newer nicer truck. I'll stick with it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.