Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i would like to make some upgrades to my 7.3 ex. I have read all my brain can handle from this forum and am getting a game plan together. Would it be a mistake to upgrade the turbo to ww2, switch injectors out to stage 1 singles and get tunes from dp or php? Would the stock hpop handle these changes? Do i need to to upgrade Trans or Trans valve body? I would also like to swap springs to v code springs as well. I am waiting on my gauges to come in and install them first. Does anyone know of a shop in wnc or east Tennessee they would recommend to install these parts? I want to keep the ex reliable just a little more power. It has 180k on it and its used mostly to haul the family with occasional towing of 6-8k loads. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you don't have surge problems, ww2 will serve you little to no benefit. Go with a hydra chip, that way you can run multiple tuners tunes on the same chip, plus no sending the chip out to be reburnt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the stock turbo be able to keep up if i upgrade the injectors to stage 1 single shots? Thats great if it does. I forgot to mention that the only mods done to the ex right now are the 6637 filter and walker btm muffler. (which this forum recommended to me to do).

·
Registered
633 Posts
If you don't have surge problems, ww2 will serve you little to no benefit.
Would you please explain your opionion. In both testing and my personnel experience the WW2 is shown to reduce spool time, lower back pressure, lower egts, and give a bump in power.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
You will see a benefit from a WW2. Quicker spool, 2-5psi more boost, lower back pressures, and no surge.
Chip, WW2, adjust your WG, intake, exhaust, tranny cooler, valve body, rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks. That's a great start on you Ex.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Hey guys, i would like to make some upgrades to my 7.3 ex. I have read all my brain can handle from this forum and am getting a game plan together. Would it be a mistake to upgrade the turbo to ww2, switch injectors out to stage 1 singles and get tunes from dp or php? Would the stock hpop handle these changes? Do i need to to upgrade Trans or Trans valve body? I would also like to swap springs to v code springs as well. I am waiting on my gauges to come in and install them first. Does anyone know of a shop in wnc or east Tennessee they would recommend to install these parts? I want to keep the ex reliable just a little more power. It has 180k on it and its used mostly to haul the family with occasional towing of 6-8k loads. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Your upgrade idea and plans would work just fine. Anything bigger than those injectors, and you will definitely want a turbo upgrade to see full benefit from them.

Since stage 1 injectors are single shot, they are less oil hungry than stock injectors. If your HPOP is in good condition, then it should have no problem keeping up. If for some reason it can't, look at upgrading to a T500.

Trans upgrades are always a good idea when adding power.

We would be happy to set you up with you need. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate them all. I guess nobody knows of a shop in wnc to recommend? I will keep looking for one while i obtain my parts. I should be receiving my under dash pod and isspro gauges today. Hope to have them installed by Monday. Egt, trans temp and boost.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
No Limit Tuning is in Chattanooga, TN basically. DP Tuner and PHP or north of Atlanta on I-85

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate them all. I guess nobody knows of a shop in wnc to recommend? I will keep looking for one while i obtain my parts. I should be receiving my under dash pod and isspro gauges today. Hope to have them installed by Monday. Egt, trans temp and boost.
Talk to your vendor and order the warning light programer. You should be able to get it for $25 or less...

If you have any issues let me know, I'll get you hooked up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have any recommendations on the stage 1 injectors? Full force, swamps, etc. they all seem to be comparable close.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
My Excursion loves her PIS 175/80's!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.