Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Want to swap '95 7.3 to 6.0

5K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Fordnatic68 
#1 ·
Hello,

I want to put a 6.0 in a 1995 CCLB, any issues I should pay attention to?

Thanks

#8 ·
Wow, point taken. I like Fords, I like the 6.0. It has a bad rep.

Mostly I can make better power with a 6.0 than a 7.3, don't get me wrong huge fan of the 7.3.

With the proper MODs it can be very reliable, maintenance will be done by my son which is why I sent him to Wyotech. The 6.0 is plenty and not near as expensive as a Cummins.

Ford to Ford should be less problematic the Cummins to Ford.

My buddy has a Cummins and the last time I drove it my '86 6.9 had better power.

But your advice in noted and appreciated.

Thanks

#17 ·
I've got a buddy that went to Wyotec... He spent more time drinking then anything. Dont think he has turned a wrench since, pays others to work on his truck, which is not running at the present...LOL

Only thing I would worry about is getting your head examined.

Throw a 24v in there if your wanting to do a diesel swap. I would not dick with a 6.0 nightmare for anything.

And FYI... Its not Ford to Ford or Cummins to Ford...

Its International to Ford or Cummins to Ford.

#13 ·
this build will be awesome and I'm looking forward to seeking more on it!

#14 ·
If you're going to all the trouble to put a 6.ho leaker in a 7.3 frame, why not just bite the bullet and do a Fummins swap? I'd take any model of Cummins over the 6.0. The bonus is there are already kits out there to do just that.

With every mod and upgrade out here, you can make the 6.0 reliable-ish. That's one turd of a motor and unreliable in any configuration. Just MHO.

#15 ·
geez, you guys sound like a bunch of dodge owners. so what if he wants to be unique? Sounds like a real project to me! I say go for it, one day i hope to do the same to my '83.

#16 ·
Spoken like a 6.h0 leaker owner that wouldn't do it himself.

#19 ·
Sounds like a fun project to me. Hope you can find the info you need to do this. I think the 6.0 is a fairly good engine when set-up properly. They can make big power and can be made reliable. Good Luck on this and please keep us posted on your progress.

#20 ·
If your gonna go through the trouble why not just go 6.4? At least you'll get CR technology.

#23 ·
Don't be a$$holes. The guy has a project that he wants to do. Every engine has problems. Shoot don't even get me started on 6.4s. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a 6.4 broken down. Good luck on your project man. If u stud it and tweek it you will be good to go.

#24 ·
I agree I think a 6.0 can be made reliable with the right amount of mods done.
Its would be a different conversion and why not be different.
Really wanna be bad @ss drop a ford inline 6 out of a f700 that would be serious and different too.
Good luck with the build dont for get pics

#25 ·
subed

i was reading an article a few weeks ago where a shop did 2 mid 90's bronco's. one with a SD 7.3 engine, and the other with a 6.0. oddly they claimed the 6.0 was easier to swap than the 7.3 SD engine because of turbo placement.

good luck with the project, i am looking forward to watching.

cummin's swap :doh: never understood why. not a fan :confused:

#26 ·
cummin's swap :doh: never understood why. not a fan :confused:
maybe because its plain and simple power. Not to mention a perfect dooms day engine when all electronics fry.

#27 ·
Ya readn alot of stupid comments. Ive owned my 03 since it had 3km on it, never lifted a head due to head gaskets.
I'm doin a 6.0 swap into a 94 2wd shortbox, why? Cause I can. Doin a hydraulic tilt front end on my 03 F350 with 14 " of lift in it, why cause I can. All the Cummins swap guys are like SBC guys with no initiative to think out of the box or come up with something new.
So I'm following and lookin forward to updates. Im starting my swap in a month after I get everything off my donor truck and have it ready.
Post pics and good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.