Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copied this, I wish I had wrote it.

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
2.. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to Fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

1. The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is becoming more unsustainable by the day.

2. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is bankrupt.

3. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right. It is bankrupt and now has an unlimited line of credit from the Fed.

4. The War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

5. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are bankrupt.

6. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right. It is bankrupt and now has an unlimited credit line from the Fed.

7. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if they are 100% correct but you have too admit Wal-Mart is doing something right.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Ive always thought that Walmart had grown out of greed and that this is not what Sam Walton ( I believe thats the guys name) wanted. He never wanted to push small business out of the way, but his children were all greedy. If that is true ( Im not for sure on it ) then we should NOT strive to be like Walmart IMO

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well take a look at what wal mart sells. Almost everything there is made in china. Now if they sold products made in USA the economy would be fixed. When money goes out of the country so do the jobs. Sorry but I F'in hate wal mart.

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
Wal-Mart has also been in numerous lawsuits for making their employees work off of the clock, not giving breaks when they're supposed to, forcing them to work through meal periods, keeping them at less than full-time to avoid giving health insurance, etc., etc.

While I like Wal-Marts low prices and large selection..............I'm not sure they are the model to use to run the government.

If I had to pick a company for that, I would choose the one that I love to hate (because I spend too much there).............COSTCO! :mad:

Wal-Mart Criticism (click here)

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
I spend a chit ton of money at costco:doh:

·
Gandy Dancer
5,972 Posts
I spend a chit ton of money at costco:doh:
They have mastered the art of human psychology when it comes to marketing. :(

When my wife and I got married (5 years ago yesterday :D) she had never been to Costco.

She usually applies her Mensa abilities to shopping and will resist impulse buys most of the time.

At Costco...................she says she's helpless to resist though. LOL

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoops :doh: I knew I should have not drank all that Kirkland vodka last night :lookaround: Costco is comparable to Sam's club or BJs whole sale depending on were you are. But by far Costco is the best imo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts