Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cheers --- I had some surge and ordered the WW... Should be here this weekend.Could you diesel gods:bowfast: give me any advice on the install, so far I PB blasted all the nuts... Thanks !!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just finished putting one in my truck and did it without removing the turbo. It was pretty simple, just be sure to have a 1/4 drive with an extension, a swivel joint, and a 5/16ths 12pt socket to split the turbo. Use an impact wrench with a 16mm socket to remove the old wheel. To remove the wastegate just remove the two nuts and pull it right and away. There is a youtube video that will give you a pretty good idea. the only thing he doesnt show is removing the wastegate. Try a search as well, there is a bunch of info on this....good luck!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God dam this is great site whish I could buy you guys a whiskey!!:D

Thanks cant wait to get that wheel out!!

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
I just finished putting one in my truck and did it without removing the turbo. It was pretty simple, just be sure to have a 1/4 drive with an extension, a swivel joint, and a 5/16ths 12pt socket to split the turbo. Use an impact wrench with a 16mm socket to remove the old wheel. To remove the wastegate just remove the two nuts and pull it right and away. There is a youtube video that will give you a pretty good idea. the only thing he doesnt show is removing the wastegate. Try a search as well, there is a bunch of info on this....good luck!
:whs: I preffer the swivel,but i have used a 6'' wobble head extension also.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update -- Thanks all for yur advice its in... It wasnt easy lots of bloody knuckles... Luv the whistle I hammered her today and no FLUTTER :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Update -- Thanks all for yur advice its in... It wasnt easy lots of bloody knuckles... Luv the whistle I hammered her today and no FLUTTER :D
:evil Mine has some serious whistle to with the WW!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I couldnt get a socket on that lowest bolt near the valve cover so I broke it loose witha a 5/16 wrech and got the job done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts