Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'mnew to the forums but iI've been researching this swap for awhile now. I am trying to get all my info together before I start anything. I am thinking of putting the 4.5l powerstroke from the lcf ford into my 2004 f150 fx4 with the 5.4. If I get a donor truck I should have everything I need mostly. The torque shift transmission should work with my truck fairly well I think? Mounting the engine is pretty straight forward. Custom engine and trans mount, customer drive shafts and I should be good. Only issue I might have is the cluster. The speedometer should work. The temp and volts should work. The rpm Guage is my concern. Now I think the pulses are different from the gas to diesel engines. Is there a module to regulate pulses out there? Is there anything I am missing? I know there is more to it hen that but any knowledge would be appreciated. I read the lcf gets 20-25 mpg. Idk how accurate this is, but my truck will be lighter and geared for faster speeds. So I should get over 20 easily.. Should be a nice engine for that truck! Thanks in advance for any advise!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update, The 6.0 PCM and wiring harness is not an option on these engines. they must run the international software and PCM. KEM performance can tune these engines and help with anything verbal over the phone or emails. only issues im seeing now is still with the cluster getting that to work correctly and possibly immobilizer functions. it also may not work with the abs and such.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts