Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Joe
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Vivian at quick tricks and am waiting for a reply, i am pumped to try out the new "Looney Tune". Is anyone running this and if so what do you have to say about them?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
IIRC Keven rescuef250 has some experience with her newer tunes im sure he will chime in...I have always seen and heard nothing but good things!!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Yes I ran the originial looney tune, I dynoed 430 hp above 800 ft lb. I loved my looney tune, once my truck is fixed gonna get a updated to what I have done now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
is it a good every day tune or just a max power tune?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
:confused:

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
Race file, stock manual tranny, ...didn't work so well...

....but the OP has a auto doesn't he?....so how is this relevant???

·
Joe
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I need to get rid of this Elite junk and try something different! I am hoping she gets back to me within a few day so i can test them out!

·
Joe
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why is it junk?
I am not impressed with Elites tranny tuning, it seems like power comes on very late. Locked in 5th gear it pulls hard but not as hard as my brothers innovative tuned truck. I am going to try something different. Like many people have said before, some tunes work for some people, and some dont. I just need to find the one that works for me.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I am not impressed with Elites tranny tuning, it seems like power comes on very late. Locked in 5th gear it pulls hard but not as hard as my brothers innovative tuned truck. I am going to try something different. Like many people have said before, some tunes work for some people, and some dont. I just need to find the one that works for me.
Ya the insanity is hard on the tranns and i know what your saying about the power band it comes on late and choppy i have been runnin my street file from eric lately!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
its not that its junk. he just tunes differently. he is not hard on the trans though. ive ran the hell out of my truck with elite tunes with my 205s and HO. runnin 12.6 all day long lifted on 35's. trans lived forever. when i was stock i liked erics tunes better because of how he locks the tc while daily driving. with that bigger turbo and injectors i couldnt have it locked like that because of heat. why dont you just get innovative tunes?

·
Joe
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its not that its junk. he just tunes differently. he is not hard on the trans though. ive ran the hell out of my truck with elite tunes with my 205s and HO. runnin 12.6 all day long lifted on 35's. trans lived forever. when i was stock i liked erics tunes better because of how he locks the tc while daily driving. with that bigger turbo and injectors i couldnt have it locked like that because of heat. why dont you just get innovative tunes?
I am just trying out a couple of tuners, if i dont find anyhting i like i will probably end up ordering tunes from eric. You dont know unless you try it rite... :ford:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
ive tried everyones but gearheads and gogos. ive heard good things about both of them. im running innovative with my new setup and it runs good. i have one of vivians right now for my setup but i havent tried it yet. she is definetly a good person to deal with. she is the only tuner i have ever had email me 3 times for feedback on the tune.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I will have to agree with moto i just got a tune from vivian and she seems like a very nice person, i haven't loaded the tune in my truck yet either.

·
Joe
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i loaded Vivians "Looney Tune" today and the only thing i have to say is WOW!! This tune rocks. Shifting is spot on no more hickups or wierd shifting like the Insanity file. That file will never be loaded into my truck again! The looney tune makes very good power. Vivian is awesome to work with too! Now that i have a few miles on it i would recomend it. Ill run it more and see but so far so good!!

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I have a looney with extra smoke from Vivian that I got about a month ago maybe. Power is good, I like the smoke, just enough without being too much, and it's nice for every day driving. If I hit the track, I'm putting Innovatives tunes back on, they just feel faster, and they definitely shift faster. I am happy with the tune though. I have some transmission quirks though that Vivian is trying to help me alleviate. So far nothing has worked, but I am hopeful. This could just be an issue with my truck and not the tuning at all though...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts