Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have search all over and cant find one way or another but I thought Dave or one of you guys might know this with experience....How much MPG does the Visor reduce mpg or does it? Thanks!

ps: Admin, if this is addressed somewhere else that I couldnt find, laugh at me then delete

·
An Ancient view on life
314 Posts
I would say that your visor is a drag problem, but if that bulkhead plate behind you cab is really hanging out then that is your drag problem. That is if that is your truck in the avatar.

JonFord

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.....the bulkhead.... comes in quite handy in many situations and saved my cab once already but yes I know know it is a drag monster:(. I was wondering if there was any conclusive evidence with example numbers of how much the visor was dragging me down. I plan to cut out the mesh on the sides and drop the bulkhead just enough so that it will still protect the cab but isn't obnoxiously big....like now lol PO threw that on there when he took the utility bed off, the bed and rear bumper is built like an ox however I think they might have over done it with the bulkhead.....just one of those things that you want to get done but never get around to doing. Thanks

·
just learning...
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I appreciate the responses and yes I know the bulkhead causes more drag than the visor but I was asking about the visor and not the bulkhead. Does anyone out there have any example numbers or trial numbers that they ran or that their brother's girlfriend's uncle's dad found with anything related to mpg loss with a visor or gain without? Thanks

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
No idea, but if you ditch the visor I'll take it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts