Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

my wife and I are headed to OR this weekend for two weeks and are looking for suggestions from locals on places to see while we are there. We are open to any suggestions. Have two weeks off and not that much planned so far. Travelling with truck and camper.

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
We are heading to Oregon this weekend also and will spend 11 days traveling around Oregon. First stop will be Lost Lake, a must see. One stop will be Little Crater Lake and Crater Lake, a must see.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'm just east of Portland and I like to take first time visitors on a loop up HWY 26 to see Mt. Hood and the lodge,
then HWY 32 to Hood River, the wind surfing capital of the world,
then west on HWY 84 to Cascade Locks to pick up some fresh salmon from the indians for dinner,
then tour Bonneville Dam, the fish ladder and hatchery,
then continue to Multnomah Falls,
then up to Vista house and back to Portland.
Pretty much takes up the whole day but you get to see Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The coast is pretty good also. Seaside is a fun town. The dunes if you want to go that far down(about half way) tillamook if you like cheese. The beach between astoria and seaside is the longest stretch of beach you can still drive on. There are motorhomes that drive out there. Lots of good wildlife to see. Long beach across the border in wa. Is worth the trip imo.

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
I'm just east of Portland and I like to take first time visitors on a loop up HWY 26 to see Mt. Hood and the lodge,
then HWY 32 to Hood River, the wind surfing capital of the world,
then west on HWY 84 to Cascade Locks to pick up some fresh salmon from the indians for dinner,
then tour Bonneville Dam, the fish ladder and hatchery,
then continue to Multnomah Falls,
then up to Vista house and back to Portland.
Pretty much takes up the whole day but you get to see Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge.
Did exactly that trip when I was there visiting family in Portland, even the salmon from the Indians.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leaving here (BC) saturday, headed to Aberdeen WA saturday night to visit some friends. Headed to long beach WA sunday, Astoria monday, want to also check out Fort Stevens. Want to head down the coast and eventually see the red woods... Was thinking Crater Lake, Tillamook for cheese and the air museum too..... dunno... thats our basic thoughts so far....

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Don't forget that it is a holiday weekend here in the states. Many campgrounds are full.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Leaving here (BC) saturday, headed to Aberdeen WA saturday night to visit some friends. Headed to long beach WA sunday, Astoria monday, want to also check out Fort Stevens. Want to head down the coast and eventually see the red woods... Was thinking Crater Lake, Tillamook for cheese and the air museum too..... dunno... thats our basic thoughts so far....
The air museum is cool! Love it!

You will drive right by the Home Depot I built outside of Astoria...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts