Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have on 02 Excursion 7.3 I has a Viper Alarm that was installed by the previous owner. I basically hate it. Yesterday I stopped at the grocery store bought milk, ice cream and some frozen foods. I go to start my truck and it won't crank. Batteries are fine, the dash lights up but no crank. I'm sure it has something to do with the Viper so I do all the things recommended to reset it. Nothing!!!! So I end up waiting for AAA for 2 hours in 105 degree heat. Now I have spoiled milk, liquid ice cream and thawed food and a truck that still won't start. Anybody with Viper knowledge please tell me what to do next. Either a fix or just how to bypass it. Thanks. What I would really like to do is uninstall the effin Viper and go back to the stock Ford key fobs.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I would be checking around your area to see if there was a dealer that installs or did install Viper alarm systems.

Then have them uninstall it unless you want to deal with more problems with it.

You could also look up under the dash to see if you can see what was done as far as wires that were cut and spliced into the system or what. But it may be easier to have a person who is familiar with them to take care of it.

·
Administrator
33,237 Posts
find the valet button

mine has failed a few times .. antenna receiver / remote went swimming
chances are the valet is under the dash and set to the default

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.