Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Much as I hate to admit it this engine is as close to a 4.5 duratrash as it can possibly be. It is gonne be a tough engine to beat though. The design is very good and I hope Ford doesnt screw this one up like they did the last two.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
ford didnt screw up the 6.0, international did.and how did they screw up the 6.4?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have you ever checked the the problems that the 6.0 power srtoke engine that International put in their own trucks that ford never touched. Very few. I hate to admit it but ford "value engineered" a few things and that is what made trouble and the reason Ford lost their lawsuits against Navistar. They did the same with the 6.4 and had more problems.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
i dont belieive that the 6,4 had more problems than the 6.0. i dont know where ur getting ur info from but it seems a little backwards to me .
:whs:

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
That's wild... they're even running it inside, gotta love that!
I want to hear this thing straight piped, DPF deleted, and no cat... than we'll hear it sing!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Not more than the 6.0 just it's fair share
ford tuned the 6.0 to 325 hp whereas international was running theres a 265(dont quote me on that) but i know it was a mid 200's number, ford tuned the motor to 325 to be in the competition with the duramax and cummins motors, thats why ford has had many more issues with the vt365 platform than international has

·
Registered
386 Posts
I remember when my dad traded his 02 7.3L for his 04 6.0 and i thought that the 6.0 was silent then haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love that video! We've had quiet diesels in Europe for years and years. In fact, my Ford Focus has one of the most refined diesel engines of its class. It does 0-60 in 7 seconds and 50mpg. Then again, the car's built in Germany and the engine is designed in France. BMW's diesels are even more impressive - V6s that do 0-60 in 6ish and 60mpg! Can't believe how long it's taking for America to catch up with diesel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts