Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a odd one. Saturday I get off the E way, going up th eoff ramp, it down shifts to 3rd. and picks up a vibration like a bad u- joint. I get the stop sign, take off and its gone. next time I stop no vibration, then come up to the farm drive slow down and its back. You can feel it in the seat more than anything, and it has a gear to gear feel, like something is to tight. When I headed home it was fine till I hit a bump, then it came back till I stopped again. Its a high speed vibration, very similar to a bad u joint is the best way I can describe it.
Dan

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesnt look like a U joint, put new ones in tonight. I,m about to head home so we,ll see if it changed. Hope so atleast. I dont have the money rigth now for another trans, and if I was gonna do it. I,d put a BTS in it and be done for good. It shifts same as it did before this, ran the 100 hp tune and it down shifted fine, coast cluth held great. Not sure what the hell is going on.

Dan

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mark, it wasnt any U joints. I took my impact to the pinion nut gave it a couple smacks, and that made it worse. Good thing, now I know for sure what the hell is wrong. I got a 07 housing here with all the parts I need to fix it. Housing is bent, but the rest is nice. Only was about 7000 miles on it.
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.