Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys. So I have a 2002 f250 7.3 Automatic ,crew cab long bed, I've been trying to fix this issue for the longest now , tried and gave up a few times.

So this problem started a while ago, it wasn't that much of a issue till I felt the vibes get stronger on the steering wheel. This happens when I'm feathering the gas to get up to speed. It starts at 40's speed then it reaches 50s and stop when I go past 55 no more vibes after that. When I let of the gas when it vibrates its stops, when I gas it starts back up but only on that speed.
So far I replaced all front suspension,hubs locks, hub bearings, replaced all three u joints plus center bearing on the drive shaft, changed fluid on my diff and it still their. This **** is driving me nuts now and I keeps having to spend money and not fix the issue, it's good because I'm getting alot of work done to it but bad and annoying now because I can't figure out what the F is causing this vibration.
I did wheel balance today that wasn't the problem, I haven't re balanced my drive shaft yet. But if anyone has gone through this situation pleases let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What type of transmission?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I ask as I have my sisters van which shakes at about these same speeds (same 4r100 transmission). In her case it is because there are 2 injectors that aren't firing (well down to one now - I got one of them replaced, one to go). When I push the overdrive button to allow the torque converter to unlock the shaking mostly goes away. What happens if you push the OD button? If our shaking lessens/goes away you may have engine issues as well. Just something to look at.

Cj

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmmm ok ill check that out today, if that's happens to be the problem then it's a win because I've been wanting to upgrade injectors. But if it isn't I wanna keep trouble shooting before I drop another dime on her. Thanks ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update. So I drove it on a smooth street, went up to the speeds I normally feel at and at speed 40ish it lessened and at 50 mph no more vibration. So next question would be how would a injector have to do with my steering wheel vibrating? I would think it would be like drive shaft or something on the suspension.

·
Registered
146 Posts
In the old days a simple shock on the front steering assembly fixed many problems , I've seen duels on some newer riggs . The Gov Holmes

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I interpreted your first post a bit differently... I read it as the whole vehicle was shaking not just the steering wheel. Do you have over sized tires? I'm not sure what to tell you to check at this point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I interpreted your first post a bit differently... I read it as the whole vehicle was shaking not just the steering wheel. Do you have over sized tires? I'm not sure what to tell you to check at this point.
Lol well i did what you said and this **** got better lol weird . Yes only my steering wheels has a vibration. Not like when the rotors or pads are bad like a slight vibration. I run 33s on my truck, I had the same problem with my 35s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well this vibration was happening with my old 35s I have 33s now and it is still happening. It's just weird to me because when I put it on overdrive I don't feel the vibration at 50 anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts