Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When yall take off with a heavy load do yall get any driveline vibrations on take off. Once I get rolling it stops. If I have the programer turnd up it bucks at higher speeds but I had the programer on 1 when towing. Never had a vibration on take off before.
This is what I was towing.

·
WOOOOO!!!!!
1,655 Posts
Yeah mine does it on the Spartan 210. I was towing 5 ton of gravel at the time.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok just makeing sure its normal and I didnt bend anything. Because my 6.0 never did any of that. "When it was running"

·
Registered
618 Posts
i bet your tranny is slipping, mine did that while towing and i got a new tranny and it went away towing the same load weight

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did the tranny cost you?

·
Registered
618 Posts
warranty!!! but as soon as i get the cash its getting a bts put in it. my clutches were smoked, tq was done, and the pump gears were wore down so it wouldnt keep firm pressure on things.

·
Registered
618 Posts
ps i do love a 4 door long bed, are trucks are the same besides the rims which i really like the looks of your black wheels and think im gonna go that route here soon.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ps i do love a 4 door long bed, are trucks are the same besides the rims which i really like the looks of your black wheels and think im gonna go that route here soon.
Thanks, You wont regret it. I still smile every time I walk to my driveway.

·
401 Posts
Driveline angle and axle wrap. My 450 will do it a little if I take off too hard while I am loaded. I am going to add bars sooner or later.

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Ford has a TSB on this. Says it's the driveline angle while towing and they recommend shims depending on wheelbase.

TSB
09-20-5
SHUDDER OR VIBRATION ON ACCELERATION - ESPECIALLY WHEN LOADED
Publication Date: September 29, 2009

FORD:
2008-2010 F-250, F-350
This article supersedes TSB 9-4-9 to update the vehicle model years.

ISSUE:

Some 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 250/350 vehicles with single rear wheels (SRW) and F-350 dual rear wheel (DRW) may exhibit an excessive drive-away shudder or vibration under moderate to heavy acceleration from a stop, especially when heavily loaded. This may be due to driveline angle. The shudder or vibration may be more evident while towing a trailer or if vehicle is overloaded.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford has a TSB on this. Says it's the driveline angle while towing and they recommend shims depending on wheelbase.

TSB
09-20-5
SHUDDER OR VIBRATION ON ACCELERATION - ESPECIALLY WHEN LOADED
Publication Date: September 29, 2009

FORD:
2008-2010 F-250, F-350
This article supersedes TSB 9-4-9 to update the vehicle model years.

ISSUE:

Some 2008-2010 F-Super Duty 250/350 vehicles with single rear wheels (SRW) and F-350 dual rear wheel (DRW) may exhibit an excessive drive-away shudder or vibration under moderate to heavy acceleration from a stop, especially when heavily loaded. This may be due to driveline angle. The shudder or vibration may be more evident while towing a trailer or if vehicle is overloaded.
Thanks, does that mean my dealer will fix it? I all ready have a carier bareing drop that came with the leveling kit on it. Maybe I need a bigger drop?

·
powersmoker73
222 Posts
Mine does it but usually when taking a corner while taking off, I figured it was something to do with the limited slip. I was looking into bars too anyway hopefully that helps!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts