Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a problem with my truck building boost. It was a problem since I had it thought it was other problems but still there.

First I did put a new stage one turbo on it and it did have a new seloniod on it so I doubt its the selonoid. Did the same thing as the old one. Had the scanner on it and at a cruise 55-60mph it's at 30-35% duty. even wide open its at 45-50% and boost is just not there 0 psi at a 55-60 15-18psi at WOT

If i unplug the Mass air sensor It will run upto 85% duty cycle on the VGT selonoid. I also Unpluged the MAP sensor and it came up to 50-60% duty. If I unplug the EBP It does nothing runs the same. Any help would be helpful. Also when we had the scanner hooked up we could not find the EBP on it does ford call it something else. Its a snap on solarus.

The Veference volts was also low 3.5 but at the MAS its 5.1 volts at max. which is weird also cause with ID tunes on it it will max out the MAS volts at 5.1 at 3/4 throttle. So the sensor is telling me its maxed out.

With the tunes on it it has better boost response but still not very fast and no boost at a Cruise.

Sorry for the long post just trying to figure it out

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strat is VXAP1N3 I have never ridden or drove another 6.0 so I don't know if its right. But my buddy is a international tech he is helping me out and said he has never seen a 365vt have no boost at 55-65mph plus he says it should boost much faster.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
If the later strategies EP is inferred. What does map and baro say with the key on and the engine off?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it was at 14 psi when it was at idle we didn't check it key on. You do tunning also right. What type of tunes do you have?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other Ideas??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I read the Map and baro key on engine off The PSI is -0.524 Map is 96.xxx kpa Yeah checked the up pipe good there

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have also taken the EBP out and made sure the tube was clean is there a way to test the EBP sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts